Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: July 9 Camping/Wheeling  (Read 8732 times)

Abrasive

July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 05:12:54 PM »
Well I'm definatly coming down after work tomorrow. I'm camping at least one night (possibly two depending on how long we're gone on Saturday), and I'm definatly getting my Jeep muddy on Saturday.

Jasona666

July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 05:27:37 PM »
if i can take saturday off i will be there i will be coming from sundre where is everyone meeting?

80CJ

July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 06:49:33 PM »
Me and my old man are in for a night of camping. Gravel pit Fri. night?

Offline Fly Guy

• Baby Wheeler
July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 08:16:20 PM »
It looks like I'll only be coming out for a day run on Saturday, see ya at the gravel pit

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2005, 11:43:59 AM »
I can't make it :(

Kris I pm'ed you

Ian
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

OldSkoolJeepin

July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005, 12:33:57 PM »
Can I catch up on Sun? I was thinking of trying to find Margret Lk and scope out some future camp sites there?

Offline Fly Guy

• Baby Wheeler
July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2005, 10:22:49 PM »
Well, I made it off the trail under my own power and I rolled into my garage under my own power, just barely, but from just outside Olds to Springbrook (just outside Red Deer) I have to thank Kris for the tow...and also thanks to "that mudhole" for burning up my clutch :evil:

that was the worst stuck I've ever had...I didn't think it was possible to cram that much mud into a jeep.

80CJ

July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2005, 04:40:58 PM »
That sucks. Sorry for the misfortune. Was it because of mud in the bellhousing?

Offline Fly Guy

• Baby Wheeler
July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2005, 05:26:05 PM »
Quote from: "80CJ"
That sucks. Sorry for the misfortune. Was it because of mud in the bellhousing?

most likely...it sounded like there was something in it for about 10 minutes just outside water valley, but when when we stopped in Cremona to air up the clutch was fine...3 shifts later it was slipping like crazy. I made it to just outside Olds where there was a slight incline that I couldn't make it up. I have just enough clutch left to make it in and out of my garage. Spent 3 hours cleaning it today, my driveway looks like a good spot for a mud bog. Hopefully pull the tranny tonight and the new clutch should be here on Tuesday.

Abrasive

July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2005, 09:50:35 PM »
Good to hear you've got it all under control Kelly, let me know if you need a hand.
Thanks to everyone who made it out. I had a great time. Apex's fan bearings went early in the run, so unfortunatly it was an awfully short day for him.
I'd like to extend a big thanks to Allan's dad, for lending me shoes after mine got lost under 4' of cement-like mud. Also, thanks to Craig for lending me pants after the aformentioned mud rendered mine unwearable. I'm sure everyone else would like to thank you as well, because without your extra set of pants, I'd have been running around in my boxers all day. And that would have been awkward. Very awkward.

Thanks again guys, I'm pretty sure I'm endebted several beers after all that.

Kris

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2005, 10:37:06 PM »
Sounds like the evil mud is alive and well despite a week of hot sunny weather.  Its been two weeks since the "mud festival" on the "newbie/stocker" run, finally got all my gear clean, still have some whistling sounds from under the hood to sort out  - no it's not the whine of my turbo  :lol: .  Sorry to hear about the carnage both mechanical and fabric due to the evil mud.
near stock advocate

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005, 10:26:37 AM »
Ya... I had to packer in early. :( Ended up finding my fan knocking around pretty loose. I guess I haven't been nice enough to it.
Now I've got a Fan Clutch assembly to replace. Shouldn't be too bad...
Any suggestions on sourcing the parts?

Greg

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2005, 01:30:50 PM »

will this work,
I have the electric on now. it came off my 2.5 but may work on the 4.0L

You know how to find me Greg

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005, 01:36:40 PM »
Quote from: "Asia"
 Its been two weeks since the "mud festival" on the "newbie/stocker" run, still have some whistling sounds from under the hood to sort out  - no it's not the whine of my turbo  :lol: . .

I have that same noise from the same trip, mine kinda sounds like the clutch.

Jasona666

July 9 Camping/Wheeling
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2005, 01:17:40 PM »
sorry i didnt make it abrasive i ended going out to maclean with two other zeds that is some of the nastiest mud i have ever seen out there right now its insane.  you should make  arun down to caroline one of therse days i am still stuck in sundre.