Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Rustys  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
Rustys
« on: October 04, 2006, 02:15:43 PM »
I think I finally found the way I am going with my ZJ. Are Rusty's Offroad products good quality?

I am going with the 5.5" Long Arm Kit and the Adjustable Spring Spacer (1.75"-3" of lift for $200 USD) It is all bolt-on. This will give me room for 35" bfg mt's. They did a show on truckuniverse on speed about this set-up, and I think its killer.

Before I drop $2500, i'd just like to know if Rusty's Offroad is any good. I know its an online store, but I am hesitant of buying anything online for fear of getting ripped off. Either buy the store, or hackers. Is there anyplace in Calgary I can get Rusty's products?

Thanks

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: Rustys
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 02:41:11 PM »
Quote from: "Matt4x4"
I think I finally found the way I am going with my ZJ. Are Rusty's Offroad products good quality?

I am going with the 5.5" Long Arm Kit and the Adjustable Spring Spacer (1.75"-3" of lift for $200 USD) It is all bolt-on. This will give me room for 35" bfg mt's. They did a show on truckuniverse on speed about this set-up, and I think its killer.

Before I drop $2500, i'd just like to know if Rusty's Offroad is any good. I know its an online store, but I am hesitant of buying anything online for fear of getting ripped off. Either buy the store, or hackers. Is there anyplace in Calgary I can get Rusty's products?

Thanks

Ask Cablesmurf... he ordered some Rusty's stuff before.

Is there anyplace in Calgary I can get Rusty's products?

Nope .. Rusty's Offroad is a retail store in Alabama...

Good luck with our build

Offline kevman

• Budget Lift
    • http://members.shaw.ca/thekevman
Rustys
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »
I'm sure the storefront is safe so you won't have to worry about getting ripped off.  However, I've heard nothing but bad things about Rusty's products and customer service.  Having never dealt with them directly take that with a grain of salt.  While on the topic of ZJ parts have you checked out kevinsjeepparts.com?  I've purchased a few things from him and the parts and service were great.
uh...
My shovels nicer!

Offline cablesmurf

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Relapsed Jeep Addict
Rustys
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 05:58:09 PM »
For ZJ's, Kevin's and Clayton's are the most favored.

Rusty's make a good product, but I heard they've had issues with customer service. I never had any problems.

Another option would be Rockkrawler...They have been bashed all over the internet by a bunch of yahoo's that "heard this", and "read that on the internet", but have never run their product. They had some issuses with their 1st Gen stuff, but the new stuff kicks arse. I loved the long arm set up I had in my XJ...and the price was unbeatable. Talk to Rob from Hoyboyz...he's a good guy to deal with.

I like the fact that the Rusty's kit includes a new crossmember, but I like the fron and rear link setup on the Rockkrawler kit way better. You will get more binding with the Rusty's kit.

http://hoyboyz.com/

Rockkrawler kit:

Rusty's Kit:

Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a Jeepaholic