Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 54 INCH BOGGER  (Read 9885 times)

Offline kevman

• Budget Lift
    • http://members.shaw.ca/thekevman
54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 10:38:07 AM »
The "holes" wouldn't be that deep if 40's+ never hit them in the first place...
uh...
My shovels nicer!

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 12:17:54 PM »
Quote from: "Mudhawg"
1-Fisher East.... that trail you need at least 40's+ unless of course you dont hit the holes.... i screwed myself with that last comment i was tired and being dumb

Fisher East is a prime example... The holes have been chewed up so much that "smaller" rig can't go throught the hole anymore.

I'm not a fan of mud (to each his own i guess) but If I have to go through it ... that's what I have to do. On Fisher East the trail has been chewed up so much by the bigger tires that I can't go through the holes anymore with my Jeep (33" and 6" lift). I would have mud way over my hood in some of the holes. Smaller rigs have to go around. It makes the trail wider and wider. It creates a mess... I don't do that trail very often anymore. Maybe in the Spring when the bottom of the holes are still frozen.

I don't want all the trails at Maclean (or any other areas) to become chew up like that. We never know with Waiporous closed and the increase of traffic in Maclean it might happen  :roll: . I hope not!!! :roll:

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 02:06:07 PM »
Awww... the $15,000.00 tires

Somebody richer than me will buy them...
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 02:11:36 PM »
Quote from: "Vinman"

You better stick with your lawnmore wheels ... :wink:

:D  :lol:  :D  :lol:

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 02:23:34 PM »
Quote from: "SwampSinger"

Don't make fun of my Jeep Buddy, I can follow you while pulling a trailer :D
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 02:41:45 PM »

Don't make fun of my Jeep Buddy, I can follow you while pulling a trailer :D

Very true but you have good mud tires and a locked diff. on your trailer.  :P

JennyStar

54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 07:19:13 PM »
They'll go great at the Mud Drags

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
Re: 54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 10:55:37 PM »

Dig a mud hole in your back yard and stay in it!!!! :evil:

Seriously unless you compete.... these tires shouldn't be on trails.

There are too many freakin clowns that will buy these tires just because they want to have the biggest tire around. They will go on a trail .., "rip it up" and nobody else will be able to use that trail after. Or worste ... the government will close the darn trail.

:evil:  :x  :evil:

You really think that it's just the big tire guys "ripping it up" Dom?

Bigger tires require less wheel spin to get through most obstacles compared to smaller less aggressive tires.  They have a wider footprint and lower impact.

Small tire guys do a ton of damage by trying to go places they shouldn't be on that tire size.  They hit stuff hard and spin like crazy to try and claw through.

It's not that I'm trying to justify this bogger size.  It's not for me that's for sure (it's a bogger  :roll: nuff said)
Plus I could buy into the idea that the intended use of Boggers is hard on trails period.  It's a mud tire with a design to be spun.

But point the fingers at the drivers, not the tires.  Resposible wheelers are resposible wheelers, regardless of tire size.  And to be totally honest I would really disagree with any claim that big tires are harder on the trails than small tires.  The truth is the exact oppisite if we talk about the same driver in both cases.

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 11:13:26 PM »
OK... What trails around here need 44 + tires and for what reason?  

You can find lines on most trails that bigger tires are helpful with.  You know that I like those lines Dom.  Next time we're out you should follow me on some of them   :!:

An example like Fisher is a tough one though......

The cycle is tough.  Small tires to start.  Trial gets tougher, tires get bigger.  Trial gets tougher, tires get bigger.   Trial gets tougher, tires get bigger.  Trial gets tougher, tires get bigger.  Trial gets tougher, tires get bigger.  Trial gets tougher, tires get bigger.   Trial gets tougher, tires get bigger.  Trial gets tougher, tires get bigger.

On and on.

I'm just not into the mud so I wasn't really thinking Fisher with my last post.

So....... on a regular trail a bigger tire will have less impact than a smaller tire...... there, fixed my stated opinion.

:wink: And I bet Fisher started with small tires too.  Then the Trial got, tougher, and tires got bigger   :wink:

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 07:17:36 AM »
Quote from: "Brink"
But point the fingers at the drivers, not the tires.  Resposible wheelers are resposible wheelers, regardless of tire size.  And to be totally honest I would really disagree with any claim that big tires are harder on the trails than small tires.  The truth is the exact oppisite if we talk about the same driver in both cases.

Agreed, however, bigger tires have the POTENTIAL to do A LOT more "trail maintanence" that a smaller tire.  With big tires, come big engines.

Brink hit the nail on the head, we all just need to be responsible wheelers, especially in these times
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 08:04:30 AM »
Quote from: "Brink"

Dig a mud hole in your back yard and stay in it!!!! :evil:

Seriously unless you compete.... these tires shouldn't be on trails.

There are too many freakin clowns that will buy these tires just because they want to have the biggest tire around. They will go on a trail .., "rip it up" and nobody else will be able to use that trail after. Or worste ... the government will close the darn trail.

:evil:  :x  :evil:

You really think that it's just the big tire guys "ripping it up" Dom?

Bigger tires require less wheel spin to get through most obstacles compared to smaller less aggressive tires.  They have a wider footprint and lower impact.

Small tire guys do a ton of damage by trying to go places they shouldn't be on that tire size.  They hit stuff hard and spin like crazy to try and claw through.

It's not that I'm trying to justify this bogger size.  It's not for me that's for sure (it's a bogger  :roll: nuff said)

I've been going to Maclean lately and it's just a mess. I've just seen a few big rigs (w/ lots horsy power) with big mud tires ripping it at the Northern entrance area of Fisher East. It's pretty sad. It's getting used (which is not bad) but it's getting abused. Some people just don't give a crap man. I might have been a "little" fumed off when I wrote my first comment and yes I pointed fingers when I should have been more clear in my comment.

I do agree with what you say about the drivers ethic. That's true.  

Were are talking Boggers and Mud. You need to spin these to get them clean. You've seens these babies in action. (like you said ... nuff said  :wink: )

Never the less it's not the smaller tires (lets say GSAs  :wink: ) that did the big tank holes on Fisher East. It's a combination of horse power, drivers and bigger rubber.

It all depends how one drives. You are totally right with that comment. A responsable driver with larger or smaller tires should create minimum impact on the trail.  Everyboby can "tear it up" when they spin their tires. If I would spin my 33" Trxus MT and another truck or Jeep would spin a set of 40" TSL (or 54 " Boggers)... who do you think would "dig" a bigger hole?  :roll:

ok ... when are we going for a brewski bud?

Jeepin

54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 09:46:57 PM »
I think I know someone who could get some good use out of those... Lemon-Aid Jay...and for that matter other ppl like him.. and people that are and arent going to rip up trails...but just cuz there is a 54" tire now doesnt mean that ppl are going to rip op the trails any more then they already are...some ppl are just so critical about everything  :roll: but hey...maybe I should just shut my big yap ;)

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 10:14:30 PM »
Dom can you explain these trucks please?
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 06:54:31 AM »
Quote from: "Jeepin"
I think I know someone who could get some good use out of those... Lemon-Aid Jay...and for that matter other ppl like him.. and people that are and arent going to rip up trails...but just cuz there is a 54" tire now doesnt mean that ppl are going to rip op the trails any more then they already are...some ppl are just so critical about everything  :roll: but hey...maybe I should just shut my big yap ;)

Doug and Jeepin... they are 54" BOGGERS.... i'll explian again... you need to spin these tires to clean them.

READ the previous posts please!

People have different opinions. It's all good. I love threads like this. It's intresting to read the different posts. People making passionate statements and arguments makes this site more "colourful"... nobody is fighting. It's just a civilized arguments!  :D Please Jeepin don't shut your big yap... :wink:

How about the Montreal VS Edmonton game earlier this week.... it was a killer Game... I have not seen an exciting game like that in a while...GO HABS GO !!!  :D  :D  :D

Cheers

Jeepin

54 INCH BOGGER
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 07:09:12 AM »
I do have to admit the oilers are looking like a bunch of bums right now lol..especially after they're game last night at Detroit...lol but thats another topic ;) haha