Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Sample Letter to write your MLA and SRD, etc.  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
Sample Letter to write your MLA and SRD, etc.
« on: July 09, 2005, 05:53:15 PM »
This letter appeared in the Vol7 Issue3 2005 Canadian 4WD (www.can4x4.com) magazine.

------Sample Letter-----
To whom it may concern,
I am writing this letter to express my concern about the closures to Alberta's backcountry from motorized and multi-user access. I am an avid user of Alberta's backcountry and I support motorized access. I have camped, fished, hiked and 4x4'ed all over out great province over the past 25 years or so. I have seen many areas shutdown and closed off to the public. This has become an ever-increasing concern as more areas get shutdown. I am a responsible user of the backcountry along with 99% of the other responsible backcountry users that care about our wilderness and exercise "tread lightly" principals at all times while using the backcountry. I am a member/supporter of the AURS (Alberta United Recreationists Society) and participate in their Annual Volunteer Days at both the Mclean Creek and Waiparous areas.
I love to get out and enjoy the outdoors and hope that as my son grows up he will still have access to the same areas that I have been privileged to visit. I would like to state I am greatly opposed of any legislation that further restricts access to Alberta's backcountry. It has already been restricted enough. Further restrictions hurt our recreational activities, deny people as well as future generations from enjoying motorized recreation, and causes even more significant usage of the small areas that are left to use. I feel that eduction is the best way to preserve our provinces wilderness, not access restriction.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Your name, phone number, emaill addresss, and home address.

-----End Sample Letter----
VA6CPL
Jeepless....