Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Holiday trailers  (Read 1886 times)

henry

Holiday trailers
« on: July 12, 2005, 10:51:30 PM »
I noticed on another post about the Jeep Jamborees and some questions about where everyone will be staying.  Here is one option, even if there is not a lot of time before the various Jeep Jamborees'.

As a Jeeper, and one who has owned a few now, both 4 and 6 cylinders, I highly recommend buying a Boler or a Trillium trailer.  There are many websites that cater to "Trillium" or "Boler" 13 foot fiberglass trailers for more info.

I have a 1973 Trillium (13 foot, stove, fridge, furnace, freezer and port-a- potty) now, and I pulled it with my '98 TJ (2.5L), my '88 MJ (2.5L) and to the Okanagan a few times with our '03 Liberty (3.7L) and they all pulled it quite well.  The 4 cylinders are in no danger of getting speeding tickets, but the 6 bangers pulled it great, with no big gas mileage issues.  If anyone with a Jeep product is looking for a trailer that doesn't involve a tent, I highly recommend a Boler or a Trillium fiberglass trailer.   They are extremely light, you can get one for $2-$3 grand, and pretty much any Jeep with pull them with ease without trailer brakes and any fancy hookups or hitch situations.  If anyone wants to see mine, just let me know.  I love it, and wouldn't sell mine for the world, its so handy and practical.  Even if you are a crappy trailer backer-upper like me, you can move it by hand into any campsite.

Darren

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
Holiday trailers
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 01:29:29 PM »
Since I just sold my 19.5 foot travel trailer because the TJ won't pull it, I've been wondering about the Trillium/Boler trailers.   I've also been thinking about a teardrop style trailer as well as they are even lighter again but offer an alternative to the tent thing.

How do you find it on a good long down hill?  Do you notice the trailer pushing the Jeep around at all?  How much would you say the tailer weighs in at when its loaded up?

Fug
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Holiday trailers
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 03:33:57 PM »
i have a 73 trillium as well.
My 4cyl Toydiesel pulls it fine. Up hill, i use 3rd gear to keep it at 90km.

My jeep on 37's pulls it and i do not even know its behind me.
No issues downhill.
Tom :)

sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Fly Guy

• Baby Wheeler
Holiday trailers
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 09:28:35 PM »
I third the motion...

like the jeep my 71 Boler is a work in progress.

my 4 banger jeep pulls it pretty good with the 32's and 4.56 gears, but when I pull with the 34" swampers I'm lucky to maintain 90 on flat roads. I should have put in 4.88's