Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Web Wheeling for the next couple of months  (Read 1762 times)

Offline cotaman

• UberWheeler
Web Wheeling for the next couple of months
« on: January 24, 2007, 10:02:35 AM »
So for all of you thta have known about my foot problem.....no it is not foot in mouth syndrome :) .... i have broken my foot... actually it has been broken since the Oct22 run or before  :shock: ....  what started out as a very tiny crack( stress fracture ) in the fifth metatarsal bone in my left foot has opened up to comsume over 3/4 of the bone.....aka a Jones Fracture  :? ( they even have a name for it ).... the only remedy to have any hope of this healing..... surgery with some hardware installed :shock: ...then a minimun of 8 weeks in a cast after that :cry: :cry:  ....hopefully at the same they can fix the damage that was done to that ankle via another extreme motorized sport.... motorcycle observed trials riding :wink: .

atleast now airport security will not be a bore anymore...beep beep beep :shock:

So this will be the extent of my wheeling for the next couple months :cry:    :evil:
98 ZJ, 5" lift, 4.10's, 33" Dick Cepek Mud Country's, 231 swap,  winch/bumper, rock rails, lincoln locker, CB, parked, waiting to pass SK insp
01 WJ, the pavement princess that has been mirror deep in a hole
RIP -- 88 XJ, 3" Skyjacker, 31 MT

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 10:11:32 AM »
Man stop being so down.  I am sure we can rig up so hand controls or the use of a couple golf clubs to get you back on the trails.
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline cotaman

• UberWheeler
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 10:39:50 AM »
it isn't being some much down...but more fumed as i was looking forward to more wheeling and camping....  as for driving.... i have an auto :D ..... and it is my left foot that is gimpy :lol: .... my wife has basically said you can still drive but you can get out of the vehicle.... i can do that ...hmmm a caring wife and a winch whench 8) ....shhhh... don't tell her  :wink:
98 ZJ, 5" lift, 4.10's, 33" Dick Cepek Mud Country's, 231 swap,  winch/bumper, rock rails, lincoln locker, CB, parked, waiting to pass SK insp

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 10:55:31 AM »
Quote from: "cotaman"
it isn't being some much down...but more fumed as i was looking forward to more wheeling and camping....  as for driving.... i have an auto :D ..... and it is my left foot that is gimpy :lol: .... my wife has basically said you can still drive but you can get out of the vehicle.... i can do that ...hmmm a caring wife and a winch whench 8) ....shhhh... don't tell her  :wink:

Well then I don't see the problem.  If you got a good swamper, you should not need to get out of your Jeep.  Plus you stay cleaner this way.  Sounds like are just making up excuses now  8)  8)
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 07:48:48 AM »
Quote from: "BlackYJ"
 I am sure we can rig up so hand controls or the use of a couple golf clubs to get you back on the trails.

Man, if you are suggesting he use a golf club to operate the pedals, that is the dumbest (and most dangerous!) idea I have ever heard of.

The golf club are way too cumbersome, everybody knows snow brushes (AKA Redneck cruise control) are much better.

Hope your foot heals ok

Vince
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 09:09:58 AM »
Quote from: "Vinman"
Man, if you are suggesting he use a golf club to operate the pedals, that is the dumbest (and most dangerous!) idea I have ever heard of.

The golf club are way too cumbersome, everybody knows snow brushes (AKA Redneck cruise control) are much better.

Hope your foot heals ok

Vince

Actually a good blade putter works very well and no plastic that could break.  Then add a little Saskatchewan chrome for some bling and you would be set
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 12:57:28 PM »
poor guy  :cry:  
It sucks dont it at least its not your right foot like mine was this past summer. I knew u would find an excuse to get out of going camping  8)
u gonna still work????????
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf

Offline cotaman

• UberWheeler
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 05:38:59 PM »
the man allowed me to work...light duties...qc and such... i go for surgery on Feb 9... then the recovery starts :)   as for jeeping.... i have  to modify the brake pedal in mine so i can put the foot against the firewall and i have a wife that is willing to be my winch whench :D .... so give me a bit and i will be out on the trails again :twisted: