Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Invemere Mud Races  (Read 2133 times)

Coolhand Luke

Invemere Mud Races
« on: August 26, 2005, 09:38:20 AM »
Going to Invemere this weekend to watch Mud Races. Anyone else know about this event. Saw a piece of plywood on the HWY. with a cheap looking spray painted date there a few weeks ago, researched it on the web when got home, but came up dry, figured it was old, looked old. Just happened to mention to someone that wife & I might go back to float around on the lake and he said he was going to the Mud Races there on Saturday, so now I'm diffenetly going. All I know is small ticket price to get in. Going from Banff turn at Radium Junction and its about 4kms before you come to Invemere.

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
Invemere Mud Races
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 09:44:05 AM »
I have known someone that has atteneded. Apparantly it is a RIOT. Lots and lots of fun to be had. You should have a BLAST! take a lot of pictures, i'd love to see them!

Coolhand Luke

Invemere Mud Races
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 01:33:23 PM »
The Mud Races were very entertaining. Not too many trucks, maybe 10, I think they had 3 classes. Super modified(Dragster 2.5sec runs,very fast & loud). Modified stock (chopped 1/2 tons). And last but not least, stock(the funnest to watch)I would recommend going next year, I will be there again. Sat & drank beer and got a few sprays of mud. It is only the 4th Annual, so I can only guess it will get bigger every year.