Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: What are the minimum requirerments for your Jeep?  (Read 773 times)

SunShine Cruisin Pixy

What are the minimum requirerments for your Jeep?
« on: November 25, 2007, 05:53:48 PM »
Hi I am just new to this and I would like to know what my jeep needs to be able to go on trail rides. Hooks allowed or do I need D clamps do I need a winch? do I requirer CB radio? Also Do I just attend a meeting to get into the Association or do I have to be invited? Like I said I am just new to the association I have not been on any trails around here. Thank You to those who can help me.

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 06:11:57 PM »
HI.

anyone can come to meetings, 3rd wed of every month (except dec).  anyone can join the club, just need to attend a couple meetings and a couple trail runs where CJA members attend.  then you are voted in after all that.

for open trail runs, need a CB and front and rear tow points.  there are many kinds, some trailer hooks etc.

for other runs may need more depends on conditions and where the events are being held.  ie 31+" tires or winch etc.

used to be a post about this but i can't see it at the moment.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 08:11:10 PM »
Tow points should be mounted solidly to the frame with good hardware, ie grade 8 bolts.  A CB is a VERY good idea but some trail leaders will let yo get away without one.  For me personally, when I lead a trail everyone MUST have a CB, but that is just me.

ABSOLUTELY NO METALS HOOKS on tow straps

Like Fiend said above, come out to a couple meetings and heopfully we can get you on a couple trail runs and you can see what we are all about.
'95 YJ with a few mods