Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Bad quote from other site...  (Read 4123 times)

Offline DGenR8

• Budget Lift
Bad quote from other site...
« on: May 29, 2005, 09:28:06 PM »
It was quoted on 'Another' site that the CJA site was left very dirty out at Waiparous after May long

XXXXXXX (5/29/05 8:23 pm)   - when i was out on tuesday there was one camp in that area that left about 7 bags of garbage piled against a tree. And random crap strewn everywhere else.

XXXXXXX(5/29/05 8:23 pm)  --   When i refer to the "CJA Camp" i refer to the old CJA/Bogginfreaks/kinda 4wheelerish camp. across from the Gravel pits and down to the creek

anyone want to comment...

:evil:
_/l ,['''`'''],
l---L--OllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

81 CJ7

Dadzooks

Re: Bad quote from other site...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:09:13 AM »
Quote from: "DGenR8"
It was quoted on 'Another' site that the CJA site was left very dirty out at Waiparous after May long

XXXXXXX (5/29/05 8:23 pm)   - when i was out on tuesday there was one camp in that area that left about 7 bags of garbage piled against a tree. And random crap strewn everywhere else.

XXXXXXX(5/29/05 8:23 pm)  --   When i refer to the "CJA Camp" i refer to the old CJA/Bogginfreaks/kinda 4wheelerish camp. across from the Gravel pits and down to the creek

anyone want to comment...

:evil:

Heres my comment.....just clean it up and move on.

henry

Other site
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 04:49:08 PM »
My comment is........"I could be wrong, but the CJA does not own any land in Waiparous, nor did they have any club activity in that area on that weekend.  I hope you did the offroading community a favor and cleaned up the garbage that the Ravers or weekend warriors left"

That is all
Darren :evil:

ps. I can't find that post on the "other site"

Offline DGenR8

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 05:00:01 PM »
The area was cleaned up, but not by those that camped there.
You won't find the post as it was in the chat box, I copied it.
This is the area where people from CJA/Bogginfreaks have camped for many years.
This was not left by the 'Ravers'.
So nobody from CJA was in Waiparous for the May long camped at the usual spot this year... ye OK.  :roll:
_/l ,['''`'''],
l---L--OllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

81 CJ7

henry

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 05:31:40 PM »
The last thing anybody needs these land closure days is finger pointing or he said she said - proves nothing.  But I'm perfectly confident that the people that left the garbage out in the campsite were not card carrying CJA members, or affiliated with us at all.

Darren 8)

Offline DGenR8

• Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 10:04:39 PM »
Well since I wasn't there I guess I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.
I have been told that nobody from this site were camped at that particular location.
I didn't mean to point fingers or lay blame, it just fumed me off that this happens at a time when we as users can least afford it.
I found it hard to believe that Calgary Jeep club members would do this and just wanted to get ot the bottom of it.
I am now confident that it was nobody here.
Cheers to that! 8)
As for those that were responsible for the mess left, I hope they fall down a well, never to be seen again. :twisted:
_/l ,['''`'''],
l---L--OllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

81 CJ7

tjd60

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 08:27:56 AM »
Just to clarify, the CJA had no offical club event at the Ghost/Waiparous area over the long weekend.

For future refrence, please notify us and we'll be glad to clean up the mess. 8)

Dadzooks

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 12:10:29 PM »
Quote from: "DGenR8"
Well since I wasn't there I guess I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.