wolf359 on September 13, 2005, 10:14:15 PM
Currently, SRD (Alberta Sustainable Resource Development) has postponed the next GAMP meeting and has not provided a timetable for when it is to be rescheduled.

During this time, SRD is conducting a Trail inventory of the truck and Jeep trails and I have been promised access to the protocol and methodology being used.

So, I am requesting that anyone with a GPS to record any and all legitimate Jeep and Truck trails that you travel on.  If you have an existing GPS map or maps that you have developed over the years, the AURS can certainly use this data.

We will be sharing the Data with SRD upon their request and comparing it to their own (if requested) however, we need to have an accurate account of the trail system for our own use as well.

So, with the Cleaup coming this weekend and hopefully 100's of volunteers descending on the Ghost to maintain and manage the trail system, I am looking for a lot of GPS data to be gathered.

We will provide a method and details on how to download and pool the data we collect in a few weeks.

Thanks
Tim.

SwampSinger on September 17, 2005, 10:43:49 PM
Quote from: "wolf359"
So, I am requesting that anyone with a GPS to record any and all legitimate Jeep and Truck trails that you travel on.  If you have an existing GPS map or maps that you have developed over the years, the AURS can certainly use this data.

Thanks
Tim.

Tim .... ask Elsifer (Chris).... we documented  4 trails for the AURS (Harold creek, Hunter Valley trail.. and 2 or 3 others that I can't remember) (GPS, Pics and description of obstacles). I don't know what Chris did with all that info ... but it can be very useful to you !!!

If you can use this it would be great!!!

Cheers,
Dom

wolf359 on September 18, 2005, 08:22:03 PM
Yah, I know about that stuff, and thanks for doing it.