Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Small welding job  (Read 803 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Winch Wench
Small welding job
« on: March 20, 2008, 04:10:25 PM »
Hey guys,

I have a Grand Cherokee with a broken seat bracket.  The 4 "legs" of the seat that bolt to the electric powered bracket are broken.  Must have been some really fat bastard who owned this before me!

Can anyone recommend where I can get these broken metal legs welded together again?  I would unbolt the seat and take the legs into a shop t make it easy...

Cheers!

Daryl.

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
Re: Small welding job
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 04:23:46 PM »
That is all you need, just a few welds I have a buddy that has a welder, I will have to get ahold of him. Just give him a coffee certificate from Timmies.

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 04:32:02 PM »
I'm no profesional welder, but i can weld it for you. I have a millermatic 251 that i used to build my own turbo manifold for a probe. if all you need is to weld a few brackets i will do it for ya no problem. give me a call 613-5759 Rafal
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 04:43:58 PM by raf2379 »

Offline Kiwi

• Winch Wench
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »
Thanks Raf!!

I too the whole seat out over the weekend and I don't think that it is weldable...  The broken parts are actually the pivot points at the back that tilt the seat pan.  Looks like I will have to get a new seat bracket!

Thanks for the offer of help though!

I'll try to find something elsefor you to weld...

Cheers!  Daryl.

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »
Go to Pick N Pull in Calgary, they have a ZJ there. It might still have the seats in it. I am not sure as I am always across the aisle picking through the trucks.