Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: May long weekend  (Read 7252 times)

henry

May long weekend
« on: May 24, 2005, 04:22:13 PM »
I hope everyone had a fun, safe weekend.  Mostly, I just wanted to post first in this forum.

Have a nice day.

Darren 8)  8)

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: May long weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 06:49:51 PM »
May long was a blast!  Went wheeling Sat. w/ Henry and friends... We went out with guys who had big rigs. I pushed the limits of my station wagon a few times... and overcame the obstacles with success.... ok,ok,ok and may be a little tow from some friends.  8)

Thanks to Darren, Scott, Ddave, Darion, Vern & Kerry ...and let's not forget my co-pilot Jen!  8)

PS: Darren I think we're pretty much equal with the contest of "who's pulling who out of the ditch"... we'll have to go out again soon!!!

Offline Joel

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Super Uber Web Wheeler
May long weekend
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 08:20:14 PM »
May Long weekend was awesome.

Thanks to ECO club for inviting us to their camping trip at Rocky Mtn House and for introducing me to muskeg.  Let's just say, the guy at the car wash is gonna need a big shovel after the $45 car wash.      

The convoy with Doug, Scott and Ken back to Calgary was fun as well, thanks for coming out guy's.

Some pics from Saturday's run:

-Joel
03 TJ - 6" body lift and 31 MTR's, other wise stock.

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
May long weekend
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 10:08:30 PM »
I was also up at Rocky with the ECO boys and girls, it was awesome.  I was with 3 others on sat and we did a cutline that went for about 20 km of pure technical hills and very little skeg, it was amazing.  Had one very little roll over, me, into a bank and another one almost into a deep rut, 1 burned out winch and 1 - 3.5" gash in the sidewall of a MTR.  Here are a couple pics

'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
May long weekend
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 10:11:44 PM »
Well poop, i can't the stupid pics to load.
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline kevman

• Budget Lift
    • http://members.shaw.ca/thekevman
May long weekend
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 10:37:04 PM »
I worked all weekend, and replaced my pads/shoes on sunday....

*threadjack*
So who else has the odd weekday off to get out wheeling?
uh...
My shovels nicer!

Grand Master B

May long weekend
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 08:36:57 AM »
I was out at McLean Creek this weekend, my first trip out. Definitely a 'learning' experience as I have concluded the following:

-I need a winch
-I need tow straps
-I need a toolbox in my jeep
-When a guy says "I've been through that puddle all day...no problems" - he is full of crap.
-never trust a guy in a chevy truck.
-Distributor caps can't have water in them.
-The 'code' of the trail - always stop if someone is stuck or looks like they might need help.
-"We'll just go light today and do the easy trails" - is the biggest lie ever.
Thanks to 'Jim' and the tall guy with the 1 ton Dodge that pulled me out on Sunday. Awesome to know people like you are out there and give retards like me a hand on getting my Jeep running. I learned a lot and still had a lot of fun.

CJ-7

May long weekend
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 10:30:35 AM »
WOW  awsome pics guys........

I went out with the chevy guys and ended up sitting around helping the fix there trucks all weekend   ....bbblllaaahhhhhhh

ohh well

Dadzooks

May long weekend
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 01:04:19 PM »

That looks like a wicked trail!!! Nice pic

Mike

Dave

May long weekend
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 02:05:27 PM »
I've learned that, despite the decals, my Jeep won't "Fly like an eagle" but we did almost hit the stratosphere. Great time, great group. Scott, do you have a picture of Ken standing on my bumper?

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
May long weekend
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 06:41:17 PM »
Sorry Dave no pic of Ken on your bumper because I also helping to hold Ken on your bumper so you didn't run over him if he fell off.

Thanks again for the trail choice.  I would like to do it again and find this other hill you were talking about
'95 YJ with a few mods

tjd60

May long weekend
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 11:23:30 AM »
That looks like a very cool run!  :)