Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: GAS PRICES, fill up now  (Read 3552 times)

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
GAS PRICES, fill up now
« on: September 22, 2005, 04:01:15 PM »
4pm thursday.
the rumors are $3 liter in Toronto.
$2.50 in ottawa.

I checked www.gastips.com  and saw a couple of places at  $1.90 a liter in ontario.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

CanaMatt

GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 04:52:17 PM »
a 300% increase, I think overall prices will increase, but for now it is safe at 95 cents a liter I cant wait to get my $400 from Ralphy :)

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 09:33:36 PM »
Why do I always get sucked into these rumours :roll: ,  maybe one day I will learn.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

yjpaul

GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 10:08:54 PM »
Quote from: "TJ54"
Why do I always get sucked into these rumours :roll: ,  maybe one day I will learn.

hah, the day gas goes to $3 a litre, ill get rid of my jeep, and train for long distance skateboarding to get me to work.

Offline DGenR8

• Budget Lift
GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 01:39:19 AM »
Quote from: hah, the day gas goes to $3 a litre, ill get rid of my jeep, and train for long distance skateboarding to get me to work.[/quote

Better get the 'For Sale' sign out, $2.60/L in Ontario already.
If hurricane Rita is as bad as they expect, it will go up above $3.00/L :cry:
_/l ,['''`'''],
l---L--OllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

81 CJ7

CanaMatt

GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 03:30:52 AM »
Alberta produces plenty of oil and gas, as well as other over seas countries. I think this has alot to do with getting as much money from the consumer as they possibly can. It will be great once the technology for electric or hydrogen gets going full blast. Then those prices will start increase more rapidly then they currently are.

Offline keener

• Budget Lift
GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 09:36:37 AM »
Here's a thought ...
Why not just buy stock in an oil company and be happy the price of oil and gas is going through the roof ? :shock:
'04 Unlimited with a few mods. SOLD
98 XJ with a few mods. SOLD
02 Sahara with lots of Mods.

weekendwarrior

GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 12:24:50 PM »
Someone's thinking  8)

henry

GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 12:28:26 PM »
Quote from: "keener"
Here's a thought ...
Why not just buy stock in an oil company and be happy the price of oil and gas is going through the roof ? :shock:

Mmm, I think you are onto something here!! I might as well get my piece of the pie.

Darren 8)

FeatherFoot

GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 02:21:33 PM »
You already have an investment guys.

It's called PST (NOT!).

Take 7% or more of everything else you buy and then subtract that from your fuel prices.

Jaguar

GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 02:16:07 PM »
Yeah, I got sucked in too.... I'll need the gas anyways, but just sux to put 60 instead of 20. Better safe than sorry though.  :)

P.S. I heard the sky is falling, so don't look up!!!

Offline kevman

• Budget Lift
    • http://members.shaw.ca/thekevman
GAS PRICES, fill up now
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 04:26:52 PM »
I heard the same rumor on another forum.  Oviously this doesn't apply to everyone but this is my take on the high gas prices...

I don't quite understand why everyone is complaining about high gas prices.  Yes, gas is expensive but in the grand scheme of owning a vehicle it's not that big of a difference. Gas is approximately 25% more expensive in Calgary now than it was a year ago. For an occasional driver that drives a gas guzzling "SUV" this increase is going to bring my gas cost up from $1000 to $1250 annually, not including trips.  $250 is nothing compared to the $3000 I pay for insurance, $1600 I just spent on maintenance or even the $150 I might spend in a year washing the mud of my jeep.  My point is, so far these "insanely high" gas prices have only cost me an additional 5% to drive my vehicle.  5%, which happens to be more than covered by that $400 cheque that was promised as a result of high oil prices.
uh...
My shovels nicer!