Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: CJA Thanks Giving Run October 8th  (Read 3358 times)

tjd60

CJA Thanks Giving Run October 8th
« on: September 26, 2005, 01:39:31 PM »
The CJA would like to hold their annual Thanks Giving Run on Saturday October 8th 2005.

The plan was to do Harold Creek Trail (west side loop for stock to 33's and east side loop for 33's and up) meet back at the begining for a small BBQ and head back home).
Abou 6 weeks ago, a group of CJA Members went and did the west loop with various vehicals bracking.  The report came back and they do not recomend this trail for stock vehicals.  

Labour Day weekend, the CJA was planning to make a run down to Indian Graves.  This run was cancelled due to the lack of responce.  

On September 24, 2005 the CJA started building a bridge on the Lost Knife trail in Waiperous, during the annual clean-up.  Due to time constraints, we were unable to finninsh this project.

For the October 8th CJA Run, I suggest the following - please vote below on what run or project the CJA would like to do on this day.

Haylet

hearld creek
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 07:20:42 PM »
can anyone give me any details on this event.  Where is hearld creek and is there a set meeting time and place.

Thanks

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 08:51:36 PM »
Harold Creek trail is in the northern end of Waiparous.  Challenging trail with lots of deep erosion ruts, off camber bits and some mud.  Certainly doable in a Jeep with 31" M/Ts, but challenging.  People would usually meet @ Smitty's in Cochrane @ 08:00 for brecky and 09:00 to depart.
near stock advocate

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 09:12:44 AM »
Quote from: "Asia"
Certainly doable in a Jeep with 31" M/Ts, but challenging.  

you forgot the part about a locker or two. Oh and the bit about a healthy dose of skill.

NB: Rubicon Express front Trackbars are not permitted on this trail.

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 09:56:09 PM »
Quote from: "Apex"
Quote from: "Asia"
Certainly doable in a Jeep with 31" M/Ts, but challenging.  

you forgot the part about a locker or two. Oh and the bit about a healthy dose of skill.

NB: Rubicon Express front Trackbars are not permitted on this trail.

I lucked out and managed to do this trail before I got the rear locker ( I think you were playing  :wink:  with Scott and Ian when we were on Harold Creek )  It is definitely easier now that I have the Aussie Locker  :wink: .  Skill? no, I'm a hack with creative line choices  :lol: .
near stock advocate

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 08:33:18 AM »
Oh tom... i thought you were talking about the east side. The loop that I last saw you and the one that Eric bent his front ctrl arm.

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 10:48:50 AM »
A group of us mapped Harold Creek trail after finishing our initial mapping duties, it was the same trail where you saw Eric bend his track bar.  We contacted your group by CB but we never hooked up.  We thought your group might join us.  It was pre-moonson and the trail is more difficult now.
near stock advocate