Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: calgary pnp  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
calgary pnp
« on: May 26, 2008, 05:06:14 AM »
I have seen people take toppers out of the Calgary Pick N Pull yard, just wondering if you can take cabs and truck beds out of pnp.

Offline stroker sahara

• UberWheeler
Re: calgary pnp
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 05:50:56 AM »
If it is part of a vehicle, you can buy it. I bought a cab last year. Can't remember $ but was cheap.
If you want to run with the big dogs you have to be able to pee in the tall grass.

1989 YJ SOA, 36" SX, 4.6 Stroker...

Giffer

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »
they used to have deals all the time, something everything you could care for like 20 bucks or something. find out when these deals are and got from there. 3 guys can carry a truck box. and yes i know that for a fact!

Offline barmanjay

• That CB Yapper
  • Wanna buy a trail? or Garage w/attached house?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 07:23:03 PM »
they used to have deals all the time, something everything you could care for like 20 bucks or something. find out when these deals are and got from there. 3 guys can carry a truck box. and yes i know that for a fact!

Not since they changed owners and became US owned,.. prices went up a bit and no more "managers all you can carry" specials
The realtor that gets dirty
Dirty Old YJ , 4" spring lift and 33's  - Sold - *snif*
300C SRT8 - Workmobile

Jason Kim
Realtor
Maxwell City Central
889-4747

www.jaykim.ca

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 03:48:49 PM »
What about the VIN in the cab?

I need to get one.

Offline BackInBlack

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 05:10:05 PM »
What about the VIN in the cab?

I need to get one.

For legal reasons I don't think they would sell you a VIN plate on its own, but I've bought whole dashes with the VIN still attached and they didn't seem to care.  Just drill out the rivets holding the VIN on, and slip it into your pocket or the bottom of your tool box.

Make sure you run a history check on the VIN before attempting to register the vehicle under that number.  I don't know if PnP reports all of the VINs of incoming vehicles as offically scrapped, but there could be other nasty surprises in the donor vehicle's history.

Unless you meant swapping your existing VIN into a replacement cab... in which case I see no problems.