Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 968 times)

Therou

Hello Everyone
« on: August 15, 2008, 02:58:36 PM »
I just wanted to say hello. I have just moved to Calgary from Edmonton. I was a follower of the EJC but was unable to attend any events. I am hoping that can change here in Calgary.

I know I should search for the answers to these questions, but I do not have internet in my apt as of yet, so I am hoping you guys and gals can help me out.

Do you have weekly/ monthy get togethers? wing nights ect?

Where is a good place to find tires in town? As mine are completely shot.

I heard there is a jeep wreckers in town, is that true? if so where?

Once I have my internet set up I hope to be a regular contributer to the forum and eventually get a couple writeups competed.

Thanks

John and Delilah(my 97 TJ)

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 07:07:48 PM »
well howdy, welcome to cow-town:)
we seem to get together once amonth. 3rd wednesday of every month. except august...
there is usually 1 scheduled wheeling trip in and around each club meeting. and others added more so here and there.
its a great group of family friendly wheelers.
if you're looking for tires there are a lot of options in this city. if you want off orad tires check out Modern Motors (http://www.modernmotors.com/)
national 4wd (http://www.national4wd.com/index.php)
if you're lookin for street tires then Kal tire next to chinook mall is pretty good. or check out any fountain tire, ok, im a fan of goodyears!
 i think there is a jeep wrecker in or neer calgary... but someone else will have to post the name and address as i do not know.
enjoy the club and website. hope to see you out there:)
eric
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 03:28:57 AM »
couple jeep wreckers around.  i only know the name of one though :D

if it's XJ then google "pick and pull" .... usually has most of what you would need.

the other place is Jeep Stuff  for all things jeep.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon