Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Steampunk  (Read 1627 times)

YoungFluff03TJ

Steampunk
« on: October 27, 2010, 09:11:42 PM »
Hey all.

This is a call for your help....slash garbage. Im building a 'steampunk' project for a university class and i need materials....Im looking for anything that fits into the steampunk theme and that means:
-copper
-brass
-lots of sprockets and gears. small is good. big is good. broke your gears wheelin? going to throw them out? ill take em.
-rivets
-scrap metal
anything that you might have lying around as scrap and youre thinking 'man i would just love to give this garbage away' well thats what im looking for. If you are wondering what steampunk is just google image it

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&expIds=17259,25638,26637,27182,27284&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=steampunk&cp=6&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1084&bih=634

....its kinda victorian style with lots of gears and dangerousness if thats a word. If you think it might work, but needs maybe a brass color thats why i have spray paint.

anything is appreciated

i cannot guarantee return but i can try

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Steampunk
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:27:06 PM »
i have the pinion and ring gears from my dana 30 and 44 from when i regeared there are alto some spiders and other gears in there, you are welcome to them if you want them, you can have a look through my scrap pile if you want as well.

Pook

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
look for gears from manual transmission, syncros especially. ive got a few kicking around my tool box. ill let you know what i can find.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 08:38:57 PM »
Right on! thank alot.

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 03:19:43 AM »
I can get you whatever type or shape scrap metal you want...let me know what you need..i also have spare ring and pinions laying around...
Getting grumpier every day.
99 XJ - It's got sum stuff ,Noel free stuff..
98 ZJ - It's just ugly, but bigger than your Rubi

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 10:20:58 AM »
ok here is a sneaky clip of the finished project...not really sure how to post pics as i dont have any place to post them on the net other than facebook and apparently thats not working.
Its called the AUTOmatic Encapture Yourself Engine (AUTOEYE) and is a 'steampunked' daguerrotype...which is like a camera from the 1800's. for an english project...yeah english. 'Runs' on a 454

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjXnmXH-X0s

Picutre? no?