Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: rough country lift  (Read 2015 times)

Offline red95jeepyj

• Budget Lift
  • my jeep
rough country lift
« on: September 07, 2008, 10:16:47 AM »
I am thinkin of pickin up a rough counrty 4 inch suspension lift any one know how they are what the manner are like of that lift ??

Offline red95jeepyj

• Budget Lift
  • my jeep
Re: rough country lift
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »
anyone one runnin one of these lifts

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 09:06:11 PM »
u buddy of mine got one for his YJ... it rides like the springs dont move at all. good luck;)
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Shearcon79

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 11:25:44 PM »
I considered this lift but after reading different testimonials on a few different forums I went with a Rubicon Express 4.5" Extreme Duty.  It's more money but if you are going to wheel it it's worth savin' up your pennies...

here are some pics of mine

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=148492&l=02977&id=667485556
Green 94 4.0 YJ :
4.5" RE Extreme Duty
33x12.5 MTZ's on 15x8 Black Steelies
Tera-flex Super Short SYE
Drive Products CV Driveshaft
Swing-away Tire Carrier/Bumper/Hitch
Found D44's out of a Waggy...Just need to build them

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 07:12:34 AM »
You get what you pay for.  Rough Country, Procomp, Rancho are all very stiff lifts.  If you are looking at the 4" range than I would look at the RE and BDS lifts.  There are lots of people running the BDS lift in the US that really like them.  Also don't cheap out on the shocks either; they can make or break a spring.
'95 YJ with a few mods

stuffed_in_a_locker

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 04:22:13 PM »
I had the rough country 4" lift on my TJ when I had it and I put 35" inch tires with no problems at all. It rode pretty good on and off road. My friend has the 4" rubicon express lift and it honestly feels no better or worse. It was alot more money though. The only thing I like about the rubicon express kit over the rough country kit is that it comes with the swaybar disconects and the pivot points have grease fittings. You can buy the disconects seprately and they're pretty cheap too. It's also easy enough to drill out, tap and screw in the grease fittings but they are not really needed, just an added bonus. I'd go for it.

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 04:56:43 PM »
I had the rough country 4" lift on my TJ when I had it and I put 35" inch tires with no problems at all. It rode pretty good on and off road. My friend has the 4" rubicon express lift and it honestly feels no better or worse. It was alot more money though. The only thing I like about the rubicon express kit over the rough country kit is that it comes with the swaybar disconects and the pivot points have grease fittings. You can buy the disconects seprately and they're pretty cheap too. It's also easy enough to drill out, tap and screw in the grease fittings but they are not really needed, just an added bonus. I'd go for it.
i think they were talkin YJ with LEAF SPRINGS way diff than coils
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 05:40:08 PM »
ill add another small point here. scott mentioned the rancho kit was rough riding amongst others, but i had at one point the 2.5 inch lift in my YJ from rancho and it rode pretty smooth. but a 2.5" compared to a 4"  could be all the difference. just so you know. i run 2.5" of lift and have 33" tires. they rub sometimes when im wheeling, but usually not. a 1" body lift would be perfect with a shorter lift. id do it again this way... actually i still can do the body lift. hmmm....
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline rangerdanger

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 06:03:21 PM »
I run a rough country 4" lift on my cj and it rides way better. Offroad it flex's well and to top it off was about a $1000 cheaper than a rubicon express  :o
Lethbridge Coulee Kruzer

Offline red95jeepyj

• Budget Lift
  • my jeep
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 09:21:37 PM »
thanks guys i am opting to buy the 4.5 extreme duty by rubicon express as i have already had one in my old yj as it rode way better and flexed amazing and the leafs where pretty beafy with excellent flex