Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: tickets...part 2  (Read 1453 times)

TheCaptain

tickets...part 2
« on: September 10, 2008, 05:38:45 PM »
Was on my way back to work after lunch and got pulled over for speeding today.  It's a nice little trap on Airport Tr. where it drops all of a sudden from 90 to 60.  After driving that over and over I kind of became oblivious to the small part where it drops down to 60.  (keep that in mind!  :D)  I'm pretty much busted on the speeding part, but I was in my full work uniform with photo ID and all,  and my wallet with my DL was in my locker back at work!  Couldnt produce it, told him why and had to do the whole sherade...hands out, turn it off, get out of the vehicle,  checking my waist and ankles for whatever on the side of the road and then a trip to the backseat of the cruiser.  Checked for tatoos, scars yada yada
I'm not a criminal nor did I say anything! Just did exactly as he said.  He gave me both a speeding ticket and a one for failure to produce a licence.

My question is, I clearly have one and I checked out fine in the system when he ran my insurance and plates etc, is it possible to get that ticket waived?  It's not like I'm some bum out joy riding in a stolen vehicle.   I was just out on my lunch break!!  >:(

Offline Tinkerer

• UberWheeler
    • My (OLD OLD OLD) website
Re: tickets...part 2
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 05:56:24 PM »
Were these Sheriffs or are our city police  getting really nasty?????

Let's just say a Sheriff pulled over an unmarked RCMP car and gave him a talking to for having a tail light out... talk about being a... oh right, can't say that on a family board... umm...  literal ;D

2004 TJ Rubicon 2.5" Cage Puck Lift
LT285/75R15 Trxus MT's
ARB Bullbar and Warn XD9000i winch
Garvin Wilderness Swingaway Rack
Cobra 75WXST CB, Yaesu FT8900 Ham
VE6PDB - usually on VE6RYC

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
no way around the failure to produce.  since 9/11 it's suggested you carry ID.  i got one a few years back $140 which was higher than my speeding ticket.  Justice dropped it to $80 but i hear they don't plea bargain much anymore.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

TheCaptain

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »
Good ol'  CPS...  ::)
He was on a mission, nailed two other guys I work with all within 20 minutes of me.  Talk about an ego trip.  ;D

Offline Tinkerer

• UberWheeler
    • My (OLD OLD OLD) website
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 07:17:13 PM »
Guess we got lucky, they were closely checking out my wife's Jeep the other day... the last guy put in alternating red led lights for the high mount.. which I believe is illegal.  They then saw the "Police Interceptor" insignia on the back etc., and decided to move on <phew>.

Guess that's going away tonight!  Either that, or I put some more stickers on there... like CrimeStoppers etc.

Sounds like you may be hooped, though the defense people may know something we don't!
2004 TJ Rubicon 2.5" Cage Puck Lift
LT285/75R15 Trxus MT's
ARB Bullbar and Warn XD9000i winch
Garvin Wilderness Swingaway Rack
Cobra 75WXST CB, Yaesu FT8900 Ham
VE6PDB - usually on VE6RYC