Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Ted Mortan  (Read 1843 times)

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
Ted Mortan
« on: May 16, 2009, 06:13:02 PM »
well he landed in front of me and Tyler at Mclean Today. Ted mortan in it.

we could have talk to him on tv but we didnt because it would probably get edited so it suits his reason for being there. Shut some more trails down.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:29:53 PM by SwampSinger »
........___________
.......//.......""""......\\
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J
../""""/=(=)___....../""""/
./___/............==/""""/
....................../___

Offline Toyman

• UberWheeler
Re: Ted Mortan
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 06:47:20 PM »
What a waste of tax dollars.  I would have liked to ask why is it that he flew over IG 2 years ago to show the TV crews all  the garbage left by high school grad parties and then had all the trails shut down to just trucks?  In my opinion, his MO is to show the destruction, then try to close the area, period.  If anyone is to blame, it should be him and his department that consitently fail to supply the adequate enforecment required to stop the littering and random misuse of the area.   

I know this is rhetoric, but the government is to blame and have failed all Albertans by not having enough enforcement to keep up with the demand in Maclean Creek OHV area due to the huge spike in the population of Calgary and closures of other OHV areas.

I just watched the video clip and it was quite positive,  so lets hope his attitude continues on a positive note.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:58:22 PM by Toyman »
04 Rubi

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 06:44:01 PM »
Scarry... you know what happened last time this happened in IG...

I was away for the week-end...  and dont wnat to watch the news... May long is bad news here.

Next week-end will be clean up and the "normal user" will be back using the area.

There was lots of bad media about the oil sand this year and maybe the media will blame the destruction of the Earthj on Jeep in 2009.  :-[

I hope the police & SRD actually enforced rules and did not put up with the BS of the partiers...

boggjr

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »
it was actually pretty quiet out there . not very many people got in or out ....must say the RCMP did a good job actually better then the srd ever could

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
yup i was out camping for the weekend without the jeep and it was REALLY tame and there was alot of police activity numerous checkstops and such and they cracked down hard for things like mudflaps and such but all in all was a great weekend
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 10:44:40 PM »
Is this Calgary RCMP?  Might be a nice idea to give them a call and tell them how happy you were to see more enforcement this year.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 12:05:46 AM »
wow .. this is realy good news

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 11:10:11 AM »
we'll see how the evening news is tonight.

i was way down south in Etherington Creek (by highwood house)  and it was the definition of quiet. only people in the campground were us pretty much.  it was great
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 11:30:48 AM »
we'll see how the evening news is tonight.

i was way down south in Etherington Creek (by highwood house)  and it was the definition of quiet. only people in the campground were us pretty much.  it was great

Cool. I'm glad to hear that there's on QUIET spot left in the province for may long.

Me and the rest of the guys from the bagpipe society are looking for a good spot for next year's Victoria Day "Midnight Marathon" bagpipe gathering. We invite that loudest piper from each of the pipe bands in western north armerica.

See you there next year! We'll bring the scotch.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(