Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: March 14th Open Run. Who is in?  (Read 9327 times)

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: March 14th Open Run. Who is in?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »
here Jeff...
try this. hopefully you get this before it is too late.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/100440/how_to_tune_a_cb_radio_with_an_swr.html
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2009, 11:28:41 PM »
thanks for the help everyone i got  it all tuned by 10 pm

see you guys out there
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2009, 11:47:41 PM »
Have fun guy...not making it out this time.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 06:19:36 PM »
had a great time

thanks for leading Waytec .   nice to see the new  guys out there but next time someone has to get STUCK

PM for links to the pics
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 08:28:50 PM »
had a great time

thanks for leading Waytec .   nice to see the new  guys out there but next time someone has to get STUCK

PM for links to the pics

I'll try and get stuck next time out :)  I had a great time, I expected it to be a little more sloppy though.  Good thing is the jeep is still cleanish, most of the dirt came from the gravel road home  :-[
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 09:24:39 PM »
I'll try and get stuck next time out :)  I had a great time, I expected it to be a little more sloppy though.  Good thing is the jeep is still cleanish, most of the dirt came from the gravel road home  :-[

at least the wifey wont be up set ... you should take her with you next time get her all in love with wheeling

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 09:35:12 PM »

at least the wifey wont be up set ... you should take her with you next time get her all in love with wheeling

That's the plan, she's already said she'd like to come out.  We'll just have to unload the kids at the neighbors and come out  :)
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 10:02:28 PM »
That's the plan, she's already said she'd like to come out.  We'll just have to unload the kids at the neighbors and come out  :)

sounds like a plan       let me know when ill get my jeep all ready to go

Offline S-FLY

• Budget Lift
  • '94 XJ
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2009, 11:47:18 AM »
sounds good see you all there .

still cant dial in the CB perfectly might need someones advice . i got the SWR meter and i dont know exactly what im looking for

when i have it pluged from my CB to the SWR then to the Antenna  and i press the mik nothing happens
but if i turn the little nob on the SWR while pressing the mik then the little needle mores
what am i trying to achieve

if anyone wants to give me a hand tonight PM me and maybe we can meet somewhere and get this done

thanks

Adjust the knob til the needle is on  the right on the meter, over the set point (infinity).  Start adjusting the length of the antenna, ground plane or antenna position to bring the needle back towards the left, as close to 1 as possible.  Anything an SWR of ~2 is bad for the transmitter portion of the radio and can burn out the amplifier.

If you need any more help, PM me.
ve1sly