Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: cheapest antifreeze in town?  (Read 1738 times)

JUC 169

cheapest antifreeze in town?
« on: March 30, 2009, 08:18:47 PM »
Where is the cheapest place to buy antifreeze in Calgary?

Offline i_go_commando

• UberWheeler
Re: cheapest antifreeze in town?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:35:01 AM »
try the big chains like walmart or canadain tire or even superstore. as an aside my neigbor was telling me that walmart atf is some of the best he knows of. figures its probly made by shell. and is the cheepest. im looking for gear oil soon for the fc, but i figure ill price these places out. i can get the pink stuff from work for myself, so youll just need to find some connections if you want better than cheep. someone said that pick and pull sells used coolant?
1973 jeep commando -amc 360, 727,203/208, waggy d 44 and amc20- soa, OBA- on hiatus
1958 fc 170 cabover quad cab 3/4 pickup.continetal engine/ 700r4/ dana 300 current project

Offline mike s

• UberWheeler
  • Good times!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 12:42:06 PM »
Oh please tell me your going to run the best fluids you can get for your "take it miles out into boonies, I sure don't want a failure here" beloved ride. You do LIKE your jeep don't you?  Even at double price for the best, or more, for the amount of times you have to buy it, get the good stuff. Thank god diffs don't use whiskey@$35/L. I sucks so much changing the fluids to can run synthetic and put off doing it as often, and sleep well knowing it's full of the best.

Most of all the passengers who don't have to hike out will thank you, mabey even kick in for product.

I'll help anyone with problems unless they're self inflicted.
'94 YJ, 2.5" RE, 1"BL on 35"s, 8.8 w 4.88
oldEnuff2NObetter

but still can't help myself

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »
Wait until you decide to do a fluid change and take a look at the price of Royal Purple or Amsoil fluids.

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 08:38:02 PM »
Unless you're using synthetics the oil from wally world is the same as the big name oils it conforms to the standards and costs $35 for a five gallon bucket, especially gear oil. Why pay $80 for oil somewhere else when most likely it is coming from the same refinery. Just my $0.02 since we go through around 1500 litres of oil a year.
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 01:26:12 PM »
Aside from the engine and certain manual transmissions there's no need to run any synthetics. You dont even need synthetic in the motor if you can find a dino with the right standard, but they are next impossible to come by.

Synthetics in diffs that are offroaded are big waste of money. If you really want more heat control, shock load protection, and better lub for your diffs, pick up a pail of 85/140 non synthetic at greggs for 60$ a pail.

Cheapest antifreeze in calgary? Cant someone would post that.............

Go to a wrecker, 1$ a pail....lol
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 02:14:18 PM »
I cant believe anyone would even use Used antifreeze in the first place..
........___________
.......//.......""""......\\
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J
../""""/=(=)___....../""""/
./___/............==/""""/
....................../___

Offline i_go_commando

• UberWheeler
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 01:24:17 AM »
i had a ford ranger with a cracked head. got known as the royal hudson. last trip befor i replaced engine was 1/4 tank of gas and 3 blue camping jugs of water, and traveled maybe 150km. maybe then i would use used antifreeze for that. When the oil pressure sneding unit blew all i had was used oil to go to the recycler. used was better than none. I should of just put a 351 in that truck. then id probly still have it. Ah hell id of killed myself by now with a 351 powerered ranger
1973 jeep commando -amc 360, 727,203/208, waggy d 44 and amc20- soa, OBA- on hiatus
1958 fc 170 cabover quad cab 3/4 pickup.continetal engine/ 700r4/ dana 300 current project