Garvin Wilderness Swingaway Rack
Cobra 75WXST CB, Yaesu FT8900 Ham
VE6PDB - usually on VE6RYC

Offline Ostego

• UberWheeler
  • Full Size Jeep
Re: Friday April 9 Exploration Run
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:49:45 PM »
Maybe you lads were the 3 or 4 Jeeps we saw while we were pullin a Chevy out cause he broke down and blocked the trail. :P
'95 ZJ: 3" Budget lift, quick-disconnects, 31x10.5 Savero MT's
'74 J20: 401, Holley Street Avenger 4 barrel, custom  camper.
'75 F100: 351M, 5" Super Lift.

Offline Ostego

• UberWheeler
  • Full Size Jeep
Re: Friday April 9 Exploration Run
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 08:58:44 AM »
We didn't notice that on our trip, but people told us about a Jeep that tried to cross the river and ripped a diff out and a quad that fell through in about the same place. Luckily it wasn't deep, so only the back end dropped into the hole, though the passenger got damp  ;)

It was pretty slushy, but not overly muddy so we were able to be gentle on the trail and pretty much idle through.  It looked tougher than it was, though there were guys out there in their trucks that had bald all-seasons on that had to rip things up a bit to keep going  >:(

All in all a beautiful day and I discovered that the VHF coverage wasn't quite what I expected. More testing required with multiple units apparently and on more repeaters in the area.

Haha yeah that jeep didn't just rip a diff out (if its the same one) he snapped his axle clean in half after trying to cross a river and getting a wheel stuck under the ice...then the poor fool gunned it and *snap* we had to back all the way down a trail while a buddy of ours in a Toyota pulled him out. ::)
How far did you end up going? We headed up to the falls but fell short because we were loosing daylight so we ended up digging a camp area out of the snow about 15 minutes from the ice flow crossing.
'95 ZJ: 3" Budget lift, quick-disconnects, 31x10.5 Savero MT's
'74 J20: 401, Holley Street Avenger 4 barrel, custom  camper.
'75 F100: 351M, 5" Super Lift.