Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Need a used radiator? Oil pressure guage question  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
Need a used radiator? Oil pressure guage question
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:45:43 PM »
The radiator in my '95 YJ 2.5 liter 4 banger sprung a leak in one of the cooling tubes so I replaced it with a new rad.   Can the old rad be repaired, is it worth repairing? Does someone want it?  How do you dispose of it?  Is it valuable to a metal recycler?  The rad is plastic, steel and aluminum I believe.

My oil pressure guage is always pinned to the right side of the scale (beyond the "6") whenever the engine is running and goes back to "0" when the engine is off.  It has been like this since I bought the Jeep used several years ago.  I don't think this is normal, is this a sign the oil pressure sensor is faulty?
near stock advocate

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
Re: Need a used radiator? Oil pressure guage question
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
If it has an aluminum core and palstic reservoirs its a paper weight
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 07:20:47 AM »
My oil pressure guage is always pinned to the right side of the scale (beyond the "6") whenever the engine is running and goes back to "0" when the engine is off.  It has been like this since I bought the Jeep used several years ago.  I don't think this is normal, is this a sign the oil pressure sensor is faulty?

Sounds like the oil pressure sending unit is nfg, had to replace mine for the same reason last year.
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 10:25:44 PM »
Confirms my suspicions, thanks.
near stock advocate