Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: This Weather Sucks!  (Read 2693 times)

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
This Weather Sucks!
« on: June 06, 2009, 09:37:28 AM »
Well the weather sucks. 

No wheeling for me today, but I still have lots of wrenching left to do. Plan one and plan two for wrenching projects fell through, so on to plan three. My new snorkel is here so off two the garage to drill holes in my jeep and install the snorkel. 
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
Re: This Weather Sucks!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 09:51:37 AM »
I pulled the jeep out yesterday for some work and it instantly started raining on me. 
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline jandh

• UberWheeler
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:27:48 PM »
I pulled the jeep out yesterday for some work and it instantly started raining on me. 

Me too, seems to happen everytime i want to work on it. 
I'm driving around with one fender trimmend and no flare on it, lol :D
1991 YJ

Offline Ostego

• UberWheeler
  • Full Size Jeep
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 11:05:06 PM »
Perfect weather for a little 4x4'in in the mud and even took the dirt bikes out for a 5 or 6 hour ride today with 3 buddy's.  ;D
'95 ZJ: 3" Budget lift, quick-disconnects, 31x10.5 Savero MT's
'74 J20: 401, Holley Street Avenger 4 barrel, custom  camper.
'75 F100: 351M, 5" Super Lift.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 01:08:10 AM »
i did some wheeling and  lots of wrenching on the jeep in the middle of nooooooo where  .. in the snow the rain and the the sun came out for a few minutes

sucks when you break alot of crap in the trails
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 07:08:36 AM »
i did some wheeling and  lots of wrenching on the jeep in the middle of nooooooo where  .. in the snow the rain and the the sun came out for a few minutes

sucks when you break alot of crap in the trails

What did you bust?
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 08:02:26 PM »
What did you bust?

flopped on my side blew 2 beads both drive side front and rear
lost a spring and ripped a shock off

04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 09:03:49 PM »
Lost, as in it rolled away and couldn't be found, or lost as in it fell out when the shock went?

Sounds like bar pin eliminator time :)   I just bought heavy-duty bar pins but plan on going to eliminators when I can.

The weather was great up in Jasper  (sunny and warm), but not long after we left there yesterday we ran into rain/snow all the way back until we got to Calgary, then it quit for a while.  It was snowing hard at Bow Summit.

lost as in fell out and i picked it up and popped it back in .. still a pain in the butt

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 10:13:03 PM »
it was the rear shock but i got it fixxed .. i was lucky it just ripped it off at the body and bent the mounting point .. a bit of work but we got it back together on the trail so thanks