Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: crysler wont do a recall  (Read 5480 times)

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: crysler wont do a recall
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 08:46:11 AM »
no worries eric!  but truth be told, i've let Lemon Aid Jay work on my junk too, and he's good too! lol

sounds like a pretty good solution for ya pook! grab some used rotors and continue your debate!
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 09:36:14 AM »
that would be sweet then i can finish the interior befor the show & shine and decide later what to do about the brakes and also go wheeling again!!!

let me know where you are and if you still have those rotors and i will come pick them up.

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »
Give me a call tonight after 5 ill have a look once I get home.
Jonas
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline Evil-Jeep

• UberWheeler
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »
I have replaced my rotors with the $30 special from Crappy Tire and they work just fine.  My last set of brake pads lasted 3 years and that was running 31s and 33s and a lot of wheeling.  From what I have read during my web wheeling, the slotted rotors are not worth the money as they don't really improve braking.  If you want some good pads check out EBC

CT has a buy one get the other rotor at 1/2 price sale on right now as well
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 07:47:38 AM »
Give me a call tonight after 5 ill have a look once I get home.

sorry i was way too busy last night and tonight i have to start the wife's stereo install ;) tomorrow is date night, how does saturday look for you?

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 07:58:23 AM »
No worries, ya I should be around in the day on sat. Give me a call
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 08:25:11 AM »
will do. thanks

Offline mike s

• UberWheeler
  • Good times!
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 07:26:43 AM »
my garage is too full to lend the space but let me know how it works out. been using napa stuff for a couple of years on own/customers cars and kinda let down, espesially for the price they charge, autovalue deals with worldpac which gets brembo stuff, very good parts.
'94 YJ, 2.5" RE, 1"BL on 35"s, 8.8 w 4.88
oldEnuff2NObetter

but still can't help myself

Offline Aspirated

• Budget Lift
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 08:11:07 AM »
In regards to the "recall" on the WJ Brakes.. it wasnt a recall but an extended service allowance in regrads to the WJ rotors warping. Most manufacturers have an initial grace period on the friction material, on the WJ's its was extended and there were "upgraded " parts available for the TSB, however, they warp aswell.

In regrads to the techs knowing if front rotors are Original fitment or not? There is a  clip on the rotor installed at the factory. If its gone the recall cannot be performed.

Any good tech that has been servicing JEEPS can spot a OEM rotor. The guys at Big 4 have been pretty good, There are a couple newr techs there but they have a pretty good crew.
What would i spend my money on if it wern't for JEEP's
1998 XJ
2008 KK

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 08:41:06 AM »
In regards to the "recall" on the WJ Brakes.. it wasnt a recall but an extended service allowance in regrads to the WJ rotors warping. Most manufacturers have an initial grace period on the friction material, on the WJ's its was extended and there were "upgraded " parts available for the TSB, however, they warp aswell.

In regrads to the techs knowing if front rotors are Original fitment or not? There is a  clip on the rotor installed at the factory. If its gone the recall cannot be performed.

Any good tech that has been servicing JEEPS can spot a OEM rotor. The guys at Big 4 have been pretty good, There are a couple newr techs there but they have a pretty good crew.

if you've gone this long on a set of stock WJ rotors thats just plain impressive..................
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline stroker sahara

• UberWheeler
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 09:25:26 PM »
dude, when it comes to brakes, steering and tires. dont cheap out. those are the 3 most important things on your vehicle. if you dont want dealership parts then go aftermarket. but spend the extra cash and get good parts.
p.s. thanks for the kind words johnny!

I totally agree. after some of my experience with cheap brake pads, I will always buy Raybestos Premium brake parts. It isn't worth cheaping out. I had an Intrepid years ago and opted for cheaper pads as recommended by a mechanic, and I was very surprised at the lack of stopping power the cheap ones had. It was scary! NEVER again!

Just my $0.02
If you want to run with the big dogs you have to be able to pee in the tall grass.

1989 YJ SOA, 36" SX, 4.6 Stroker...