Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: saterday and sunday run  (Read 6530 times)

Offline 2grand4u

• UberWheeler
Re: saterday and sunday run
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:16:57 AM »
that that was a good first part f the day fo me too, just a crappy end, i think i now how i'm going to fix it on the cheep, oh ya on the way how my clutch stopped working i think the fluid leaked out some were, just to muddy to tell.
2011 ford ranger going to get some love soon

Offline comanche killer

• UberWheeler
  • Aaron
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 03:22:41 PM »
that last hole of the day i let my roomate play in clamed my trans  it took on water and now i only have 2erd and 3erd
95 3/4 ton Chev  dailydriver/heavy hauler
97 green MZJ custom 4link rear/3link front, FF 14 bolt rear welded, D 60 front, ax-15, np-231,custom rollcage, half doors, PSC hydro assist 14"kings 40"boggers

Offline 2grand4u

• UberWheeler
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 08:08:38 AM »
wow that is going to be an expensive trip for the both of us.

i let you no in the next couple weeks if i got a trans for you.

Offline mike s

• UberWheeler
  • Good times!
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 12:35:30 PM »
Electronic trans? Sounds like "limp in" mode. Check for codes.
'94 YJ, 2.5" RE, 1"BL on 35"s, 8.8 w 4.88
oldEnuff2NObetter

but still can't help myself

Offline muffintop

• UberWheeler
  • You spilled my macchiato!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 08:01:45 PM »
Aaron... your right... mud does wreck stuff  :(

In Ryan's case though... it's mud + lots o skinny pedal = whiplash, popped beads & broken Jeeps. Entertaining to say the least... what a savage ;D
2014 Jeep SRT
2009 Jeep XK, 5.7L, 3" lift & AEV rims
2003 Jeep TJ, 4.5L stroker, 38's, custom long arm, 609 HP diffs, atlas, coil overs, full hydro, etc.
1997 Jeep TJ, 4.0L, 35's, Clayton long arm, locked SAG30, locked SAG35, coil overs, air bumps

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 09:12:54 PM »
Aaron... your right... mud does wreck stuff  :(

In Ryan's case though... it's mud + lots o skinny pedal = whiplash, popped beads & broken Jeeps. Entertaining to say the least... what a savage ;D

not if they are on your strap for 5km to get them out of the bush...............  breakage does not have to be part of a 'good day of wheeling'

frankly if you break every time you go wheeling you are doing something wrong........... 

~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline 2grand4u

• UberWheeler
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 05:55:43 PM »

not if they are on your strap for 5km to get them out of the bush...............  breakage does not have to be part of a 'good day of wheeling'

frankly if you break every time you go wheeling you are doing something wrong........... 

i think you are refering to me but i`m getting there, one day hopefully soon i will be a good wheeler i`m just young and never what to get stuck, i think if i spend 40k i will have alot harder time breaking it. now just were to come up with 40k

Offline muffintop

• UberWheeler
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »
Ryan... were just pokin fun at ya :)

I an no expert wheeler myself... I am pretty sure I made some of the worst line choices of the day. When I did... my Jeep was nice enough to bail me out. I keep it clean... it bails me out... that's our deal :D

I am fairly confident that if you start with the right components (lift, tires, lockers) and do most of the install work yourself...  when you get about $10K incremental into your Jeep... you wont have to drive it hard to get it to go places and wont be breaking stuff.

See ya on the trails...
2014 Jeep SRT
2003 Jeep TJ, 4.5L stroker, 38's, custom long arm, 609 HP diffs, atlas, coil overs, full hydro, etc.
1997 Jeep TJ, 4.0L, 35's, Clayton long arm, locked SAG30, locked SAG35, coil overs, air bumps

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 06:43:46 PM »
i think you are refering to me but i`m getting there, one day hopefully soon i will be a good wheeler i`m just young and never what to get stuck, i think if i spend 40k i will have alot harder time breaking it. now just were to come up with 40k

Did you learn anything? (the breaking point of a dana 30   ;D )
Next time you see someone spinning tires out of control you can laugh at them, knowing better.

40k rigs break too, just more expensive to fix!
Jeep
With stuff

Offline mike s

• UberWheeler
  • Good times!
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 07:33:47 PM »
Breaks happen, just have to learn to pick your fights. It's a ballet of physics, not a Mosh pit. But you guys are fun to watch. Watch some trials bikes from utube and it'll give you an idea how obstacles can be tackled

Had a great time with you all.
'94 YJ, 2.5" RE, 1"BL on 35"s, 8.8 w 4.88
oldEnuff2NObetter

but still can't help myself

Offline muffintop

• UberWheeler
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 08:43:15 PM »
i think if i spend 40k i will have alot harder time breaking it. now just were to come up with 40k

Ryan... couple of sweet 2003 "Rubi's" in the for sale section. Probably get for $12K. Sell your '97 TJ to get money for 2" budget lift (No SYE & CV required) + flat fender flares + 33" rims & tires + modify the existing "shovel" skid plate so it "shovels" less.

Now that you are freshly armed w/ some clearance, tires and lockers... your breaking stuff days should be done and you'll only be $12K total into it.

Your welcome  :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:49:58 PM by muffintop »
2014 Jeep SRT

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 09:50:30 PM »
ryan. its not aimed at you specifically. its just a generalization. i've spent a day on the trail to get a complete stranger (guy that 'joined' our run) and blew both his front and rear diffs. dead weight, attached to the end of my ford cause 'he thought he could get up the hill' after he blew his rear diff... (front went on the next hill when he hit the gas) he laughed and we all laughed, until it came time to get him out....... bottom line, he was stupid and we all paid.....

you will learn buddy there is no question and it WILL make you a better wheeler...... just hope you learn quicker than others. you can break anything. trust me, but when you learn your vehicles capabilities, you can wheel lots and not break a thing (cept routine maintenence)  next mod should be a winch; that way instead of gunning the gas, you can string it out and winch. there is nothing to be be ashamed about with the winchline. they are great inventions!

muffin top puts it in a good way too, once you get some quality parts on there you won't have to beat on the poor jeep. i cruise the deepest mud holes now with roof and doors off, and don't slip a tire; lockers rule................
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline rangerdanger

• Budget Lift
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 12:19:19 AM »
Gears, lockers, boggers and a V8 were the best mods i made, now i can idle through obstacles so I don t get muddy and break expensive parts  :P
Lethbridge Coulee Kruzer

Offline justchillinout

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 12:32:41 AM »
Ryan and Aaron where super entertaining to watch, a little painful, but entertaining!

Mike, on the other hand, was boring as hell.  He made it all look so easy.  Right lines, easy pace, no dramatics.  Even though he did get stuck once.

His machine was simple, no huge investment, just skill and setting up the tool to do the job right.

I just liked burning my new clutch so I still have no clue.  Learning is all I hope to do.

But you were fun to watch!!!

Offline comanche killer

• UberWheeler
  • Aaron
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 06:42:11 PM »
i made alot look easy it was my roommate that sank my jeep lol i think the entertaining about me was how  easy my jeep carled over those rocks lol
95 3/4 ton Chev  dailydriver/heavy hauler
97 green MZJ custom 4link rear/3link front, FF 14 bolt rear welded, D 60 front, ax-15, np-231,custom rollcage, half doors, PSC hydro assist 14"kings 40"boggers