Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Mud terrains...  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
Re: Mud terrains...
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »
haha i have the same issues with my boggers picking up rocks
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 10:23:59 PM »

Yeah the fender rubing theory gives me a great excuse to ad a coil spacer or body lift.

Not really a theory I don't think...

Unless you still beleive in Santa and that your driveway is eating your tires   ;D
Jeep
With stuff

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 11:09:14 PM »

I do believe in Santa...And yes my driveway is eating my tires...The only way to appease the driveway is to add  coilspacers... i know this now

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 08:30:26 AM »
I do believe in Santa...And yes my driveway is eating my tires...The only way to appease the driveway is to add  coilspacers... i know this now

you must have one hell of a driveway if its chewing your tires on your fenders..................
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline jenn1981

• Budget Lift
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
I quite enjoy the idea of the trail rated driveway...might post a problem for deliveries though.
2008 JK Rubicon

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 05:21:52 PM »
Man jamal. I HATE your driveway. I'm not even going to mclean anymore. jsut up and down your stupid arse driveway in and out of the potholes around the fallen trees past the alligators and the moat....much more exciting..oh and your gravel pile

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 03:01:34 PM »
So i took the Jeep out to the gravel pile in my driveway.... and tried my best to make my fenders rub and i was successful!

http://s977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Jamalrama/

It takes full flex to just touch a plastic moulding inside the fender..with a little shave it shouldn't touch at all... and i measured my springs and i am getting exactly 3 inches of lift out of this kit.

So i am thinking i want to add a 1 inch coilspacer ontop the springs anyway...Can i get away with out replacing the control arms or having to add a drop pitman arm or anything else? Or is just less bs to do a bl instead?

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 03:42:32 PM »
yes but that won't solve your problem.  what lift did you go with? did it come with extended bumpstops?  my guess is no. if this is the case, then coil spacers will do nothing to stop the rubbing as the tire will still be able to flex upwards cause contact will be the same (axle on the bumpstop.  a body lift or lowered bumpstops will solve your problem. suspension lift won't...........
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2009, 08:13:43 PM »
I've got better than 30K on my KM's, and they probably have two or three chunks like that one. Snow, ice, gravel, rocks, mud, roots...all of it.

I'm with the crowd saying "fender rub"...especially since you can duplicate it in your driveway.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 10:19:53 AM »
He has BDS 3" and it did come with bumpstop extensions

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 11:32:50 AM »
He has BDS 3" and it did come with bumpstop extensions

then more bumpstop ;)
or bodylift