Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Electric fan help please  (Read 1442 times)

CJ-7

Electric fan help please
« on: December 24, 2005, 01:55:58 PM »
I need a electric fan that'll fit             needs to be 3 1/2 inches thick MAX ..no more

Please help me!!   other wise I'll have to go to the auto wreckers and figure this one out by pulling fans and measureing them all.
Also how to hook up a temp relay so It is not running all the time.

I heard that A topaz fan moves the most volume but I'm not sure it'll fit between my Rad and the grill. The new engine dosen't allow me for much room between the motor and the rad so this'll be a better way to go I think. Any input would be a big help ....thank you

Steve Carey

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
Electric fan help please
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 05:38:06 PM »
This link has some info about using a Taurus fan

http://www.4bangerjp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=399

I have acutally heard a bunch of people using a Taurus fan.  Also take a look at the ECO site because I know there were a few threads about electric fans on that board
'95 YJ with a few mods

CJ-7

Electric fan help please
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 11:45:44 AM »
Thank you!!!!!

Offline SOMETHING WICKED

• Budget Lift
Electric fan help please
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 12:13:28 AM »
I have a 15" pusher fan from a '79 BMW. It was/is a 2 speed fan, however I just use the high speed when I need it. It moves an amazing volume of air! You can get a temp. sensor that is adjustable from Hayden(I can give you the part # if you need it) For about $75-80. I put it in the thermistat housing and it semed to work great. The controller burnt out after about a year though, not sure why , but the fan does draw about 25 amps under load! The fan is only about 1,1/2" wide, so it takes up very little room.