Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: ZJ diff question  (Read 3777 times)

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
Re: ZJ diff question
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 12:11:59 AM »
LOL

BURN

ROFL

Thanx Clay and Bill you made my day
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 04:43:36 AM »
What Clay said. I left the fluid out of a tracloc before (comanche 44 btw), and it was pretty grabby. Im sure it wouldnt have last long being daily driven, but never the less, it was "grabbier" for a while. Even provided the odd detroit like clunk once in a while.

Still not a locker Billy ;)
I don't want some poor saps to leave the friction modifier/LSD addititive out of their Trac-Loc equipped vehicles; thinking it will be a TRUE locker. I accidentally forgot to add the little bottle to my 12bolt Posi in my 69Chevelle when I was 18. It smoked both rear tires for a few weeks and then turned to one-wheel peel. I took the diff cover off and found that my clutches were burned up.

My advice remains the same Todd. If your buddy buys the Jeep thinking he has something special in the rear; he will be dissapointed when the "grabbiness" goes away. Jeepers are cheap but Sheesh!  Find an open carrier diff with the same gear ratio, shake the couch for change and buy a lunchbox. Pop on over to Bills and get it installed ;)
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 05:23:46 AM »
Mmmmm....problem is, my friend is a cheap bugger. Can I tell him that you'll do the install  ;D
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 05:44:31 AM »
Just to hijack slightly... Tubby said that the "lockers" being sold are "just a spool".  Ummm when a locker is locked, isn't that the point you are after?  Locked carrier == spool

I don't know where I said that the "wannabe locker" being sold is a spool Pat. Spool is 100% locked at all times. A true locker can un-lock.
I've run full spools,mini-spools,Detroit Lockers, 1st and 2nd Gen. ARb's, various lunchboxes and even a Lenco Locker. Pay to get the real thing if you want the traction. Get an open carrier and Lincoln/Hobart /Redneck if need be.

Some people have had success with the Trac-Loc trick mentioned in past posts. I'll stick to the real thing thank you.
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg