Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Going to Kelowna - gas money or beer ?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
Going to Kelowna - gas money or beer ?
« on: September 21, 2010, 10:18:09 AM »
Hi

R U going to Kelowna in the next week or so ? would you be interested in some gas money or a 24 of your fav beer - got room for 3 tires in your truck or boat ? (also willing to swap a york sump compressor with v belt drive if that appeals to you)

I found the last three 33X13.5 R15 interco LTB's in North America at Kal Tire in Kelowna (on 97N as you leave town north headed to the TCH/Alberta) no rims, I am hoping a kind soul can help me avoid making a special trip to pick them up.

I already paid for the tires on my credit card, so if someone could pick them up and I would be glad to meet right on the on/off ramp here in Lake Louise and grab them off you - hopefully not too much of an inconvience not needing to ever go more than a couple hundred metres off the highway. Thanks, Rob

Other interesting trades offered
-a 96 xj fibreglass tailgate with factory glass and factory colour navy blue paint
-a ford taurus fan with an 85 amp continous duty dual pole solonoid and dpdt switch (allows you to run the high spped as a swicthed booster and low speed on a thermal switch

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:31:12 AM by Biscuit! »
51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Going to Kelowna - gas money or beer ?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »
Did you ask Kal if they could ship the tires to a location in Calgary? When I bought my IROKS I ordered them from a store here in Calgary and if I remember right they had them shipped over from Kelowna.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline kueh

• Stocker
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 07:13:18 PM »
Wished I had come across this forum and post earlier.  Just got back from Vancouver, a few days ago.

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 10:14:21 AM »
Hi Clay

That is something they normally will do, but apparently they are in the process of shipping their winter tires all over the country and getting room in the truck is a bit tough right now.  Figured asking here would be worth a shot anyway, they have been pretty accomodating to me already. They will ship them eventually, I figure sooner is better though.

I gotta give kudos to Kal tire on this one - they were kind enough to forward me to their national office, and run a database search to find the tires in the first place, and then they only charged me 2/3'rds what I was quoted locally (obviously because a three-set is hard to get rid of, a nice gesture none-the-less)
51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler