Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: stuff we have been working on and fabing at the shop  (Read 36673 times)

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: stuff we have been working on and fabing at the shop
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2010, 09:20:11 PM »
Fast. Like a minute. At least when it's under a Jeep. I dunno how fast that thing would lift a behemoth...sorry...Hummer. :)
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Sugarphreak

• Budget Lift
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2010, 09:41:36 PM »
^^ Well, it is powered by exhuast and it isn't like I have a wimpy little Jeep motor    ;D

I actually took that picture the same day I saw you out there btw!

In all seriousness though it was a quick fill, once the seal was snug on the tail pipe it couldn't have taken more than 30 seconds to get it fully inflated to the underside of the frame; however I had to get somebody to jump into the truck and rev up the motor to get more pressure and to lift up the truck. Once the the revs were up it took like 10 seconds to lift the tire 6" in the air.  Setup and breakdown for it is fast too, it is a pretty neat product.
I wanted a Jeep... but the wife gave me a Hummer!

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2010, 11:27:56 AM »
Ooooh, that's a low blow. Then again, a "wimpy little motor" is all that's needed when you're driving something smaller than a Canyonero  ;)

I kinda had the same experience with my Xjack when I was testing it in the driveway. I think that I might try using  my compressor. After all, the X-Jack will do everything it needs to at less than 10 PSI, which should not take long with a reasonable OBA system.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Sugarphreak

• Budget Lift
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2010, 02:05:32 PM »
I was wondering that as well; I would assume it would take a long time with a little compressor just because of the huge volume of the Xjack. Something to try out anyway!
I wanted a Jeep... but the wife gave me a Hummer!

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2010, 02:25:33 PM »
I was wondering that as well; I would assume it would take a long time with a little compressor just because of the huge volume of the Xjack. Something to try out anyway!

I don't know how long it would take...probably something that I should try out with my shiny new compressor  ;D

Offline nobody

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »
yep great stuff man you know your !@#$ that is for sure I have a 1994 yj could really use some checker plate around the back corners and inside door panels you in to that stuff too??

Offline jeeeep

• Winch Wench
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2012, 11:44:33 PM »
how much for a 1997 TJ stinger bumper?