Calgary Jeep Association

Linked Events

• SHOW N SHINE: July 17, 2010

Author Topic: CJA Show N Shine 2010  (Read 20111 times)

Offline Joel

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Super Uber Web Wheeler
Re: CJA Show N Shine 2010
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 04:43:51 PM »
My wife did point out one interesting point....... there were so many young kids there and being that it is a family sport there should be more for the kids to do, such as face paintings or a power wheels challenge.

Excellent Idea!  I've been thinking about doing some mod's on my daughter's Power Wheels for more torque  ;D ;D ;D
03 TJ - 6" body lift and 31 MTR's, other wise stock.

Offline Evil-Jeep

• UberWheeler
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 07:46:03 PM »
Excellent Idea!  I've been thinking about doing some mod's on my daughter's Power Wheels for more torque  ;D ;D ;D

The bug does start early... I upgrade to 18v this summer and have have a lawn more engine that I was considering to install, but I think I may go with a 49cc mini quad and mate the PW jeep body to the quad chassis instead...... I am sure both kids and wife will all end up with there jeeps finished long before I ever start mine ::)
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Offline 95eg6p

• Stocker
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2010, 08:57:44 PM »
Did anyone take any pic?  I missed out on this but I'm down for next year.   ;D

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 02:25:15 PM »
Great SnS, well organized, great turnout. Hats off to the organizers and volunteers (and voluntolds).

Managed to come away with some goodies, and a shiny trophy. I like shiny...

VA6CPL
Jeepless....

Offline jeepgrl

• UberWheeler
  • All those JKs are starting to look the same...
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »
See, Evil-Jeep... you shoulda just let me have it for $275!!   :D
Current project:
2012 2-door Orange Crush JK
AEV 3.5" lift
33" Mikey Thompson MTZ
Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers
Warn VR800 winch

BUILT AND SOLD: Silver 2007 JKU (because they all look the same now anyway)

Offline Evil-Jeep

• UberWheeler
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2010, 04:59:28 PM »
See, Evil-Jeep... you shoulda just let me have it for $275!!   :D

My wife agrees....... I just really wanted an orange strap, so that I can use it as a signal flag when my Jeep breaks down :-[
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Offline Rodjock

• UberWheeler
  • Drives the Jeep of Awesomeness
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010, 07:55:10 AM »
Thanks for the great feedback everyone. Anyone else have any constructive criticism/ideas for next year's organizors?

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2010, 08:26:05 AM »
better thought out judging forms, and a way to clarify what we are actually judging for, and what your entry into the show and shine is for.

i guess what i am saying is a lot of people showed up and got judged but had no idea that they were going to get juged and had no idea what for.

perhaps when they register we can ask if they want to be juged and then do the juging on the spot, so that we can get all the jeeps instead of hunting down the people and then judging them on something they did not know about. leaving more time for other events.

i totaly enjoyed this show and shine and entered my jeep just to see how much i improved from last year.

Pook

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2010, 08:41:44 AM »
thanks pook.  we decided that exact thing for next year not 2 minutes before we asked you to help with it. 

next year only those who want to be judged will get judged.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »
next year only those who want to be judged will get judged.

So get off my back Al!  :D

I like the idea of the Kiddie Korral. And I especially like the idea of the registration-time judging. Have the form filled out by the contestant, as part of the whole "sign-in" package. Makes things easier, and there could be one person with an excel spreadsheet tabulating the results.

But all said, excellent SnS. We should put our listing into the local papers in the Event's section of Wheels or whatever the automotive areas are. And perhaps work with the "Other SnS", as to prevent a scheduling conflict.

Just some thoughts...
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

Offline Rodjock

• UberWheeler
  • Drives the Jeep of Awesomeness
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2010, 11:21:23 AM »
I had thought about setting up two or three 'registration stations' - you drive in, go through the process with a volunteer and then enter the S&S. There would be a line-up at times, but it would definately get everyone done more efficiently.
But changes come slowly when you have a day job.

We've always done our S&S the second Saturday of Stampede. I don't think it's our responsibility to change.