Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Apeman's $500 99 XJ  (Read 2809 times)

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
Apeman's $500 99 XJ
« on: April 11, 2010, 12:28:44 AM »
So far so good, build is coming together and parts are piling up...but so is the price tag on the build...heres what i got so far

Old cracked head, stock intake and crap exhaust manifold out...

cracked in 2 places doesnt help idle quality, cooling or fuel/exhaust at all..

Fancy new Hesco Head...oooh purdy...

New Hesco Head..cleaned the block, new Felpro gasket and new Head Studs...torqued and ready for intake and exhaust

New Stainless Header and stock intake manifold with a twist..(pssst... its black) mounted with new grade 8 hardware and gaskets..

All bolted up, topped up with fluids and ready to test fire....

Started up immediately, but forgot to put a dummy csap on the intake manifold on, so the header started glowing a bit, and i shut her down to re-evaluate...put the cap on and it ran beautifully...lets hope my oil is zincy enough..

As an added bonus to avoid any cooling issues, i also added a 3 Core radiator for GDI , water pump, all hoses, and thermostat....the old rad was leaking, as you can see on the passenger side of the rad..

Since i had the fuel rail off i also replaced the injectors, cleaned up the fuel rail and replaced the pressure regulator...small details that take time but avoid guesswork later on.

As a final touch i added a new TPS,CPS, AIC, coil,plugs wires and a Cap & Rotor...

Like i siad before i like to make my junk as reliable as possible, so the time was aworth the effort...

Next update will be my RE 4.5" Lift with Waytec's Mystical 31's , Exhaust cat back upgrade, front and rear lockers are ready to go in too...but thats the easy stuff.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:14:50 AM by apeman »
Getting grumpier every day.
99 XJ - It's got sum stuff ,Noel free stuff..
98 ZJ - It's just ugly, but bigger than your Rubi