Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Woodsmen - 90 MJ  (Read 8492 times)

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
Re: Waytec's Trail Support Comanche
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 12:14:43 AM »
Yup the tree of them are keeping me busy, got the DDMJ ready for winter, got the engine almost out on the XJ, have a new one for it and the Project MJ and parts donor XJ are both still in storage until the XJ is done.
and it is cold outside.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 01:12:51 AM »
"trail support" ? What exactly does this entail?
You going to have something ready for trail projects? Carrying supplies, providing logistical support, etc...?
Jeep
With stuff

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 12:25:13 PM »
That the idea. not this one have a change of plans now due to getting a 88 MJ in better shape. The idea is to do trail work. I am involved in a project mapping and creating a trail system, that is in a aria that is not discussed in an open forum on the CJA  site. Its also going to be the camping, hunting fishing rig as well.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »
Trail support rig = rig that's used for supporting the trail run by bringing the cheeseburgers, chili, and bacon?  :)
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 08:27:29 PM »
and the big arse BBQ!!!
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline red95jeepyj

• Budget Lift
  • my jeep
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »
dukes of hazzard orange and black lol

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 02:54:57 PM »
When you decide on color I hope you ll be keeping the eliminator sticker on the box!
I vote orange with gun metal trim!
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
well this projct has come to a end. I have sold the 88 MJ that was going to be it, and the 90 MJ I am driving right now ( the wight one) will probably be replaced this coming summer and it will go up on the block as well.
Not enough time or money and I  want a CJ7 more.

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
Re: Woodsmen - 90 MJ
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »
So long story short it came back, and my misses said keep it and fix it up. I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

This is going to be a build thread of rebuilding the truck and then Overlanding build it. In the end hopefully I will be able to park it beside Mario's of AT and not have his lift its rear wheel to it.

The truck came with a serca 1990 aftermarket tape deck.  I have drove it for the last 2 years with it but finally had enough when the display went. So out with the old in with the new. i just got a cheep one for now and when I upgrade the hole sound system I will add something fencer.

the old bumper has had better days and the guys over at Comanche Club are saying that I will have better luck finding a pot of gold then a mint bumper in Canada. so it will get something custom built here shortly.

Off it came

I removed the box and traded the frame to POR 15.

I got my parts truck home and dismantled. the new front panels are on this truck. 

I had an issue with the inner fenders pulled off the week arse nuts that are all rusted up. after some thinking the light build went off and this is what I came up with.

They are just push on with some teeth that hold them in place I can cut them off needed later.

well I have been having trouble with my hood release. The cable is seizing up. I have lubed and freed it up a couple times so instead of changing or fighting with it agene I went with a $15 option.

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
Re: Woodsmen - 90 MJ
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
I got the new box off the parts truck and on to this one. I treated the underside to POR 15 and the top of the fuel tank because it was covered in surface rust and allot of road dirt sits up there. 

next order of business was a new rear bumper and it is hit proof, bomb proof, and zombie proof.

I dont have a plasma cuter and nor the greatest at welding I called up a buddy Dana that has mad skills. Dana working on it.

To make it zombie proof we put lots of support.

To get around the shape of the frame, we cut up the old stock mounts and used them as spacers to get the right spacing. the mounts started as 6" 3/16 flat bar and it then was cut into shape buy keep cutting until it fit. I used a piece of 5x2 3/16wall

More POR 15. this stuff lays down so nice it look like the bumper was powder coated.

the only issue is my dumb arse didn't measure right and took some numbers from  the sites saying the bumper is to be 60 inches long. outside edge to outside edge of the MJ is about 64 to 66 inches. so it is a little on the inside of the sheet medal but I am ok with this because I can do some pipe bending later make something if I want to.

All mounted up.

Next Rack on Toper for Canoe.