Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Hard top stolen from Yard not on Jeep...  (Read 1111 times)

HappyTheJeepMan

Hard top stolen from Yard not on Jeep...
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
My hard top was stolen from my yard not on Jeep at time...any body have any experience with this?  Auto or house insurance?  Have Reported to the RCMP and am deciding if worth it to make a claim at all or if insurance will even step up and pay (you know those bastards).  Sigh.

Pretty dumb to have it there I guess I live in small town Alberta and became too complacent and trusting.

I know this isn't the stolen forum but I also know you are wondering the details:  CJ hardtop, good condition factory tint on side windows NO BACK Window...had it off as I was going to get the frame around the window powder coated (a little aged paint) stolen in Olds AB over the weekend.

Also: anybody have a good condition CJ vintage hard top for sale?

Double Also: anybody hear of above hard top being offered for sale please drop me a note and I will make it worth your time. 

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Hard top stolen from Yard not on Jeep...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 04:21:32 PM »
Talk to your insurance agent. I'm on good terms with mine and they can generally make an assessment if a claim is going to be worth it or not....

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
Re: Hard top stolen from Yard not on Jeep...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 10:42:13 PM »
this is usually the case. you can file a report(I think that is what my insurance company called it) and get quotes for a new one and see what the change on the insurance would be. if you do not go through insurance, it will not affect you.
at least that is what they told me.
if you actually go through insurance them you would file a claim.

for the cost of it, likely find one in good shape, for what 4-5 hundred, it is likely not going to be worth going through insurance.

mine went up about 600 or so, but I have heard much higher if you have had other claims.

and save the insurance for a big loss, not the little stuff.

my 2 cents
steve
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(