Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Dealer Warranty Repair Issue  (Read 7969 times)

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Re: Dealer Warranty Repair Issue
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 07:39:54 AM »
go with 3. that is frickin' shitty man. if you dont want to tell us which dealer it is please PM me. id really like to know. none of what they told you makes sense. it sounds like a real crappy mechanic "worked" on your jeep and the service manager is covering up his/her mistakes. ugh. this is the sort of thing that gives every shop out there a bad name.
i dont blame you for losing complete confidance in your dealership. i hope you have another one in your area.

Ya, like when I was at your dealer Eric and they tried to conince me that my TC issues werent real becasuse the air filter was dirty. Changed the air filter, sent me on my way and the TC locked less then 100k later.

I ended up at eastside where they actually fixed the transmission.

I have found that in general, ever since the money crunch, dodge is failing miserably with their warrenty service. Its quite obvious that service reps are directed to do anything they can to deny warrenty.

Aside from jeeps, it will be a long, long time before I ever buy another dodge product. Its just a shame that jeep has to be produced by such a shitty company..............................
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 07:41:33 AM »
Over the last few weeks I have been chugging along installing the Metalcloak fenders and other parts on the TJ.

Replaced the coil pack as suggested by service manager and mechanic. No change.

Took a stethoscope to the engine and compared to my 2005 TJ - side by side. Huge difference in noise from oil pump drive. Bought a new one and installed. Slightly better but TJ still ticking and stalling. Stethoscope proved oil pump drive to be quieter.

One thing stood out when I installed the oil pump drive - I had to set TDC for cyl 1 and when I pulled the plug it was old. Service manager had told me the engine came complete with plugs and they just transferred other things over. Maybe I misheard or he was mistaken. Anyhow I installed new plugs and voila tick and stalling gone.

So engine seems to be running better but appears I have a leak at rear main seal. Wanted to make sure so I cleaned it off and then ran it for another 10 minutes - drip formed again.

Also seems to be a dent in edge on bottom of oil filter that may be weeping slightly - likely accidentally bumped something while they were lowering the engine in.

I've been dragging my heels, but now it looks like it's got to go back to the dealer for the rear main seal - with less than 100km on new engine.

Good luck with that......................

Sorry to hear about your bad run.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »
Aside from jeeps, it will be a long, long time before I ever buy another dodge product. Its just a shame that jeep has to be produced by such a shitty company..............................

Do a search for "dodge ram death wobble".  My wife has been told that the 2003 CTD that she loves so much will NOT be replaced with a newer one.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 11:36:49 AM »
Do a search for "dodge ram death wobble". 

I can guarantee you that he already has.

Death Wobble is that man's Kung Fu
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 11:39:57 AM »
Ya, like when I was at your dealer Eric and they tried to conince me that my TC issues werent real becasuse the air filter was dirty. Changed the air filter, sent me on my way and the TC locked less then 100k later.

I ended up at eastside where they actually fixed the transmission.

I have found that in general, ever since the money crunch, dodge is failing miserably with their warrenty service. Its quite obvious that service reps are directed to do anything they can to deny warrenty.

i bet that happened a few years ago when we had issues with our service manager and a couple bad techs. a lot has changed since then Bill. if you want to defend eastside thats up to you. most know eastsides stories and history.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 12:05:38 PM »
i thought about this for a minute. its not fair for me to knock eastside, they have had issues, may be they changed too. i know my service department has changed a lot for the better in the last 3 years. crap still happens sometimes. and anyone that knows anything about automobiles and the industry knows that there is no exact science.  i still say that what happened to the OP is still not right. in the end if you get good luck at one shop over another, stick with the good one. i would do the same.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 02:33:55 PM »
i bet that happened a few years ago when we had issues with our service manager and a couple bad techs. a lot has changed since then Bill. if you want to defend eastside thats up to you. most know eastsides stories and history.

It was last year after dodge sent out the message to screw everyone they could on warrenty claims.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 02:39:24 PM »
i thought about this for a minute. its not fair for me to knock eastside, they have had issues, may be they changed too. i know my service department has changed a lot for the better in the last 3 years. crap still happens sometimes. and anyone that knows anything about automobiles and the industry knows that there is no exact science.  i still say that what happened to the OP is still not right. in the end if you get good luck at one shop over another, stick with the good one. i would do the same.

Yeah, that worked really well for me.

I gave courtesy all my work, and did all recommended service through for almost 100k on my 1 ton.

When push came to shove, they sent me packin.

I easily spent 65-6 grand on routine service and maintenance there in an attemp to establish a good working relationship with them. Not to mention I would tip the tech and SA with movie tickets. Never disputed a bill. Never rushed them or bitched about delays.

etc etc etc

Did everything I've been taught by my dad who is a 30 year tech that now runs a dealer to make sure I was not "that guy" that the service department would screw over because he's a difficult customer.

At the end of the day it didnt matter. I got screwed as soon as I needed the warrenty to pull through.

Just like this OP

Just like most people you talk that have dealt with dodge the last couple years

Sorry bud, dodge gets no love here.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Dracitamo

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 07:58:15 PM »
Sounds like AutoValue/Partsource/NAPA have a better warranty then Dodge....
Sorry you have had such a rough experience with them. Hope things finally sort themselves out. Just take it up with corporate if they continue to ignore your comments. (Try to get a recording of the phone conversation. Youtube it, and they will do anything to make you happy so you will remove it.
My sister is having a great time with Ford. Was told that having her tranny fail 2 times, her hatch fail to close, engine siesing, and other junk all in the first 3 years is "Normal" by the service manager. I'm going with her next time she goes to the dealership and going to shoot the whole conversation with my 7D. I'm sure they will sing a different tune.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 08:02:28 PM »

Do you guys have a new service manager? I decided that I wouldn't be bringing my vehicle into a department run by your old one when he tried to tell me that the parking brake on my rig couldn't be adjusted...and then started making excuses when I showed him the TSB detailing how to adjust it.

I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »
IMO Chrysler as a whole is just another couple of years away from its next bail out
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:40:45 PM by Jrama »

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 10:48:13 PM »
Do you guys have a new service manager? I decided that I wouldn't be bringing my vehicle into a department run by your old one when he tried to tell me that the parking brake on my rig couldn't be adjusted...and then started making excuses when I showed him the TSB detailing how to adjust it.

yes we have a much newer and improved service manager, shes great with customers and easy on the eyes too ;)
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 12:59:39 PM »
That's a good thing for a lot of reasons. A change for the better is always good to see.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(