Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 04 rubicon half cab  (Read 11480 times)

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: 04 rubicon half cab
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 10:58:20 PM »
jeff, what are you doing for a roll bar???????????

Repost  :)

I see a B pillar, but that's it. I'm sure it's in the plans, thus I asked, he surely wouldn't leave it like that.

I have a bender that I really have not used yet... wouldn't mind practicing while someone else is buying the tube   ;D
Jeep
With stuff

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 05:50:49 AM »
as for the cage

i plan on building a nice strong cage that fits inside the new half cab   for the time being i have the factory hoop and the

bars that are over the doors that connect to the wind shield

if that isnt enough then ill be forced to either cut holes through the hard top and run tubing through it and figure out a way to have it be removable

the other thing i was thinking was to have a small peice of tubing come off the main hoop and have a flange touching the hard top and then drill 2 holes or  3 or 4 small holes depending on the flange used and have a matching one on the out side and bolt through the hard top and then have my rear cage built off that

still decided on whats going to be best .. and strongest
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 08:39:20 AM »
looks like the back end of one of the H1's, I like it.
I am guessing the hard top was allready damaged, or did you have to cut into a nice mint top??
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline jkrubi

• Budget Lift
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 09:15:39 AM »
Looking good!  I like it alot.  Nice clean lines without the roll bar poking thru.

But I have a few questions.  Does the back wall that you made go down to the floor of the jeep?  If so 1 peice or 2?  How are you wanting to atack the tonnoe (sp) to keep the winter out?

I've found that when I am playing with glass, that once you get he shape that you want and are now looking for a smooth surface just mix up the resin and poor it into the marks that you are trying to fill.  Once you get to the general shape bondo will fill most of the imperfection that you've made. 

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »
the top started off with a broken back window .. i picked it up for a case of beer and i figured i would try something . .

im still not sure if i want the cage to come trough the top or not .. if i can find out that i can build my cage strong enough then ill have only half cage

right not the rear tub is not closed off to the eliments just yet im going to be building a ply would cover for the tub and that will keep winter out .

i do want to close the tub under the top one day most likely with steel so it acts like a little pick up box and will keep anyhting in the box out of the cab

but thats all in time

the main reason i making this is because i was going to run a soft top all winter but since my zipper keeps messing up on me i needed something i could use and that will make sure winter doesnt come in to my jeep .

and since hard tops are 400 $ plus i figured i would try thins since it was so cheap

it will need to get a full dondo job in the spring to hide all the defects and then re cover it with bed liner again but thats ok

cuz i still have time to perfect it
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 02:31:10 PM »

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 02:35:18 PM »
Looks good Jeff! Kind of resembles a Samurai, now. (Sacrilege for a Jeep owner... LOL!!!)
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 04:39:28 PM »
Nice job

/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 07:57:42 PM »
the little lip behind the top will be where my hing  will mount for the rear tub cover

Offline Sean778

• Budget Lift
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 11:13:01 AM »
Ahh, clever, I was wondering about that lip.  Very cool project, I like the way it turned out.  Excellent use of a discount top.
'89 XJ

Offline Black Betty

• UberWheeler
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »
Nice work, everything is better when it is grassroots!  Kinda looks like a Suzuki now.
06 wk-soccer mom mobile aka Betty J
99 xj- Black Betty, 2" OME lift
94 yj- needs to be lifted aka Betty Rubble

Stupid hurts

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 01:13:11 PM »
Looks good Jeff! Kind of resembles a Samurai, now. (Sacrilege for a Jeep owner... LOL!!!)

Yep.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »
finaly done till next year when ill finish the inside

heres more pics

http://s596.photobucket.com/albums/tt43/TJRubicon04/even%20more%20half%20cab/

Offline Black Betty

• UberWheeler
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2010, 11:44:09 AM »
Pretty sure I saw you driving in country hills the other evening, it really does look sweet, do you live in this area?
06 wk-soccer mom mobile aka Betty J
99 xj- Black Betty, 2" OME lift
94 yj- needs to be lifted aka Betty Rubble

Stupid hurts

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2010, 12:21:29 PM »
yes that would be me ... and thanks ..

it isnt very pretty from close up but look great while rolling