Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: jk bumpers  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
jk bumpers
« on: November 25, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »
thinking about upgrading to a jk next spring and wondered what bumpers people are using.
I would like one that I can put a winch on/into, have the fogs and maybe some extra lights with.

maybe even mount the high-lift onto if it has it(but not required)

any suggestions, maybe a back bumper too.

not too expensive though.

yes this may be asking alot.
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: jk bumpers
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 07:30:35 PM »
There are lots of aftermarket bumpers out there for the JK - both front and rear. You should have no problem finding what you're looking for. Look at this thread on an American JK forum to see a lot of options. Just be aware that since the JK's are still relatively new, their aftermarket stuff is a more expensive than TJ aftermarket stuff. Also, most of these "off the shelf" bumpers are made in the US, and shipping, customs fees, brokerage, and more shipping can really add up.

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?23194-Front-BUMPER-comparison&highlight=front+bumper+comparison

If you're looking for "price to your door" options in Canadian dollars for an off-the-shelf bumper, give Stan at Northridge a call.

Option #3 (what I feel is DEFINITELY the best value for the money) is having someone local build you what you're looking for. You could contact Pookapotamus on this board ( he's fabbing TJ front bumpers at the moment, but I'd wager that he'd be willing to take on a project) or Lemon-Aid Jay at Chanda precision might be interested. I'm 100% certain that you'd be happy with a bumper from either one of those guys. Jay made my bumper almost two years ago and it's going strong...and I've tested it once...or twice... :-[

I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(