Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Replacing stock Bushings with after Market Polyurethane  (Read 529 times)

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
Replacing stock Bushings with after Market Polyurethane
« on: December 14, 2010, 11:43:34 AM »
In the near future I will be lifting my 02 Tj approx 3", the plan is to complete it step by step.
First step: I'll be replacing the springs and shocks, as well as adding a body lift and engine mount along with adding 33" tires on 15x8" rims, swapping in a 4.56 ring and pinion and if necessary an sye and csv. If all goes well I hope to have this done before the summer.
Steps 2-unknown: I'll be upgrading the control arms, adding an antirocker or discos and am sure a thousand other parts here and there. 
My questions is, is it worth while to replace the stock rubber bushings with aftermarket polyurethane ones?  And Will this improve the ride quality and durability of the stock components I will be keeping (for now)?

Thanks
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Replacing stock Bushings with after Market Polyurethane
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
no replacing the stock rubber with poly bushing will not give you better ride, yes it will tighten things up but that is not nessesarily a good thing. for instance i did a energy suspension kit to the front of my 92 xj, this increased death wobble, made the ride very bumpy and hard and transfered the feel of every rock and hole in the road into the steering. the rubber bushings are just fine they allow the suspention to absorb the vibrations of driving and allow the joints to flex. this is much better offraod than the poly bushings.

if you have a riced up civic then go for the poly, your slow moving jeep will be just fine without them.

but hey thats just my 2 cents. ;)