Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Stitches?  (Read 8976 times)

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
Re: Stitches?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 04:42:03 PM »
hope you managed to pee on him Tom
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »
hope you managed to pee on him Tom

Ha,ha,ha..no.

i did find him in the bar though...
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline superles

• UberWheeler
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »
well over 50.... lost count. spent alot of years as hd mechanic and to date, fingers are pretty tough, and in most cases dont no I've been nicked til i see a trail of blood. Took a jackall in the chin, split my lip to nose in a fight, upper eyebrow in a fight (should be a better fighter)  3 fingers  reattached from a skate cut in hockey. in general i suck. i needed four today from a cut but glued the cut close. keep glue in the fridge and get it done before i get dirt in

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 07:32:22 PM »
Got stitches ?

Shotgun....hunting accident...declared deceased...Elvis...coma...lots of fuggin stitches when I came to...

What do I win?
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 07:41:41 PM »
xjhero cookie
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 07:48:33 PM »
xjhero cookie

No thanks. It'll probably taste like Pilsner :P
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »

I was told by my doctor that they would repair the scat on my arm became it was visible with some t-shirts on.

Aaron... scat is poop... I hope you don't have poop on your arm all the time. That is what TP is for.

LOL!!! Entertainment at its' BEST!!
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline slimbeam

• UberWheeler
  • 4" RE,3"body,35"rubber,dana 44 rear,sye,KEW winch
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 08:49:39 PM »
35 staples( they really suck when they being removed)and 68 stitches in right leg when broke foot of leg also 12screws and 3pins to keep foot on  after getting stepped on  while breaking horses also had 120 stitches in forehead when got kicked by horse when i was a kid, had few cuts with stitches playing hockey but nothing major
I started out with nothing and so far I have most of it left

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »
Slim, just thinking and I may be way off but I 'm going to suggest you avoid horses.  Seriously... I just don't think that it's a good idea for you  ;)
04 TJ Rubi

Offline Gearhead

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 09:07:57 AM »
A couple of dozen at the most  ,fist fighting , horsing around , incidents at work ,  the worst was ,  stitches on one eye ball  , don't know how many , i couldnt take the eyeball out to count them ,  yup it hurt  for a long time .

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 09:25:24 AM »
stitches on one eye ball  , don't know how many , i couldnt take the eyeball out to count them ,  yup it hurt  for a long time .

I had that when I was a kid, I thought it was a good idea to play with a fire poker while trying(I repeat trying) to run down a set of stairs, I looked like a pirate for a while, which was kinda cool as a kid, but painfull

some in my forehead from running into a wall as a child too

some on my upper lip from flipping back on a small plastic horse with wheels and getting the head in the lip

back of the head from falling off the back of the couch and hitting my head on the fireplace mantle

no broken bones yet(knocks on wood)

about 45 scars from various things that did not need stitches

wow I sucked as  a child I guess
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 10:20:59 AM »
7 deep 10 on top. Left forearm, still have a nasty nasty scar.

Rode my Harley way to quick around a corner and hit some gravel and went down. Picked it back up rode to a buddys (who wasnt even home) then rode to the hospital.

It took 2 hours to pick out all the gravel and cut off all the "dead" skin.

...and by Harley I mean Yamaha Razz 50 (when I was 14)

Radical.

Offline superles

• UberWheeler
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 12:33:07 PM »
 Av---------> Im betting you were to0 big for that monster at  age 14, made it to0 top heavy.....was not for lack of skill right    lol

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:36:39 PM by superles »

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 12:53:49 PM »
Av---------> Im betting you were to0 big for that monster at  age 14, made it to0 top heavy.....was not for lack of skill right    lol

Exactly.  ;)

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »
8 stiches on my left wrist from an ice climbing incident (crossing tools looks cool, but sux bad whenyou inadvertantly pull the higher placed axe)

1 stitch in my left eye after surgery to remove a thorn tip I broke off in my eye wile tree planting in northern Ontario (had to watch the whole procedure from close up, a bizarre and disturbing experience)

6 stiches from various orthopedic scopes/surgeries of both knees

36 staples from a total hip replacement

32 staples froma total knee replacement (full prosthetics on both meaning 5 signifigant chunks of stainless steel and 3 plastic pieces) so free massages at the airport everytime I fly

six stitches inside my mouth frome eating a ski on backcountry straps (I guess theres a reason no one uses those anymore LOL) also took out three teeth and fractured my maxilla (face bone) on that one. (and as a long term result, two more teeth have had to be removed and two more have broken off as a result)

I used to use superglue on a lot of minor cuts both wrenching and in the backcountry but converted to something called steri strips years ago when I was a firefighter - one of the best products ever - every guy here should have them in their first aid kit.  works as well as superglue but is alot easier to remove if its found a stich or two is required, not to mention dealing with an infection under superglued skin would be unpleasant to say the least.

I think I must be around 11 or 12 bones too over the years LOL

51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler