Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: New 2011 Jeep Compass just arrived  (Read 5174 times)

Offline Chupacabra

• Baby Wheeler
  • Primero
Re: New 2011 Jeep Compass just arrived
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 10:58:13 AM »
Yup, the Wrangler is the last true american Jeep. Currently everything else is based off a German platform.
Although people might bash Fiat a bit, their CEO has done really great things for Chrysler over the past year, really getting them back on their game, and he was trained in Canada too.Have you seen the cars they got now? Durango, Journey, 200, 300, Grand Cherokee.... goes on and on. Not to mention all the re-worked interiors.

So long as the Wrangler remains a Wrangler, I really don't mind seeing some Fiat based cars make their way here.

As for the new Compass? To be honest, if your someone with no interest in off-roading, but like the SUV image and utility.... you know, typical CUV customer, you can do much worse then the Compass. Will keep bringing in money for Chrysler so they can afford to keep the off-road Jeeps what they are.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/17/2011-jeep-compass-first-drive-review-road-test/
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:00:16 AM by Chupacabra »
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Islander Package

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: New 2011 Jeep Compass just arrived
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 12:05:45 PM »
I agree its a good run about, commuter. Was thiniing of one for myself at one time. Just not worthy of the Jeep name or slotted grill. Should have called it a Plymouth Compass.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles