Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: TJ HARD TOP SUMMER STORAGE  (Read 1830 times)

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
TJ HARD TOP SUMMER STORAGE
« on: January 28, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »
Last summer I was lucky enough that my Aunt let me store my hard top in her garage, but she recently sold her house and all my other relatives live out of the city or in condos.  So I was wondering if anyone had a go to place to store their hard tops?

Thanks
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: TJ HARD TOP SUMMER STORAGE
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »
i thought Modern did but i'm sure they charge for it.

might better to ask this question in May/summer though; people probalby have more of an idea at that time
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:37:46 PM »
Sell it, use the money for a lift. You already have a soft top right?

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 12:38:55 PM »
Sell it, use the money for a lift. You already have a soft top right?

Says the man with the ZJ.... ;D
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 01:55:52 PM »
I do have a soft top, however in the winter I park on the street! So I need to have the security!
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline BlackAura

• Budget Lift
  • 2003 TJ Rubicon (Stock)
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 08:28:19 PM »
I do have a soft top, however in the winter I park on the street! So I need to have the security!

???

Funny, I hard top it / garage it in the winter....and soft top it / park it on the street in the summer.

No major issues last summer, although:
a) I once got in and the locker override switch was flipped, and the t-case / transmission were both in neutral, so someone had been fiddling, my guess is the neighbourhood kids out at all hours of the night while on summer break.
b) Came home driving the GT-R one day and noticed the side hood latches were undone while pulling into the driveway, checked under the hood and nothing was changed / missing / undone though.

So I looked into a locking hood latch, and the one that goes in the center isn't available for my year, and apparently the side ones tend to "pop open" in offroading situations.  I haven't decided how I'm going to solve it this year.

As for people sitting in it, well...nothing I can really do about that.

The truck did come with an alarm / remote starter, unfortunately last summer I didn't get around to fixing it (previous owner said it hadn't worked for a couple months)...project for the spring I guess.

Edit: Oh, and I also woke up to the sound of rain at 5:30 am one day and realized I had left the top down....went out and frantically attempted to put it up, which is awkward due to the roof rack.  My neighbour walked by with her dog and had a good laugh though ;D  Thankfully it had just started raining, and a couple towels on the drivers seat had it ready to drive to work.  Next time I'll remember to flip the seats up so they don't get soaked.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:30:57 PM by BlackAura »
BlackAura (Kevin)
Migrated to Seattle for a while.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 10:35:09 PM »
Edit: Oh, and I also woke up to the sound of rain at 5:30 am one day and realized I had left the top down....went out and frantically attempted to put it up, which is awkward due to the roof rack. 

Did that myself... only it wasn't my Jeep, and I was damn near blind drunk. Stupid Wranglers.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »
Did that myself... only it wasn't my Jeep, and I was damn near blind drunk. Stupid Wranglers.

if i remember correctly, it also didn't rain.............

stoopid Wranglers.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »
Thats an entertaining story! I worry about having the soft top on when on the street, cuz my last truck was broken into three times! Nothing major stolen, but I would hate to have someone slash my soft top windows...or worse steal my ride.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 11:54:42 PM »
if i remember correctly, it also didn't rain.............

stoopid Wranglers.

Well if it didn't rain... what the hell woke us up? Squirrels tossing nuts on the tent?
And if "it didn't rain" why the hell did you make me put the damned top on YOUR Wrangler?

Stupid Wranglers.......

:D
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!