Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Things I noticed after the lift  (Read 6024 times)

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
Re: Things I noticed after the lift
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »
Your fuel efficiency will likely degrade due to increased frontal area; more of your suspension and axles are exposed, more frontal area means more drag.  When you mount the larger tires you will have more rotating mass which will hinder acceleration, braking and mileage.
near stock advocate

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
Re: Things I noticed after the lift
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 05:12:17 PM »
Your fuel efficiency will likely degrade due to increased frontal area; more of your suspension and axles are exposed, more frontal area means more drag.  When you mount the larger tires you will have more rotating mass which will hinder acceleration, braking and mileage.

Yup I assumed the fuel efficiency would drop.............however given that I didn't have a clue what the mileage was before I lifted it and put on tires I highly doubt I will notice the difference.

Low range acceleration is not noticeably hindered but I do notice a difference in say 4th and up.............again though not a concern of mine I didn't get my JK thinking I would be breaking any quarter mile records anytime soon  ;D. Braking I also assumed so I have been given myself a little extra room and watching for difference in lean and brake time. 

In effect it is basically like learning your vehicle all over again.......I am anxious to get it out on the trails and see the differences in how it acts and relearning the nuances of 4" lift and 35's vs the stock and 32's
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's