Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Speedo Gear Question  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Alltornup

• Budget Lift
Speedo Gear Question
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
Just wondering the importance of regearing the speedo and an automatic tranny is.   There are varying opinions on the searches I have done and wondering if anyone on the site has an answer or experience with it. 

I got a TJ 4.0 32rh 3-speed auto and 33's.  Stock was 30's with 3.73.  Still have stock gearing. 

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
Re: Speedo Gear Question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 05:34:24 PM »
Its pretty much up to you. I replaced mine anyways, and im now exactly 10% out. At 110km on my guage, im only going 100. I just got used to it :D Replaceing it again seems like it would just cost me $30 for nothing gained as I already know how fast im going anyway.
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Alltornup

• Budget Lift
Re: Speedo Gear Question
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:46:44 PM »
I don't really care about my speed.  I know how much I'm out and it don't bother me.  I was thinking maybe the computer used the speedo for tranny shift points, locking of the torque converter and  fuel mixtures and such.