Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: the note i recieved today on my truck  (Read 8263 times)

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
Re: the note i recieved today on my truck
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »
i had to laugh at it ..  what else can i do ..

and no mud flaps until the law tells me to get some

In fairness, such flaps ARE required to the axle center point in Alberta and your flares appear to be illegal as well. Tires cannot project outside of covering bodywork/flares. This topic and the section of the motor vehicle act has been posted before. I have Warn's 7" flares and flaps at all four corners to remain in compliance.

That said, both aspects of damage to my TJ's windshield were done by passenger cars and virtually every one of these tiny dick lifted trucks that never leave pavement are in violation of the act while they have weekend blitzes of Jeeps at Prairie Creek for flares and flaps.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 01:41:36 PM by RedDog »
I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight

Offline jpthing

• UberWheeler
  • I like things with wheels.
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 10:35:51 AM »
One more reason to get a locking hood latch...some wang like that guy could easily put sand into your oil.
I had a buddy with a loud bike in Vancouver...one morning he went to start his bike and noticed the oil cap on the ground. He (wisely) didn't start it and had it towed to a shop. They partially dissasebled the engine and found rocks and dirt. I guess someone was sick of hearing that bike start up every morning.

The biggest rock I ever had thrown at me was off a dually truck, I think it was stuck between the tires, it was the size of a tennis ball. Huge windshield damage but didn't go through the glass.

'97 TJ, 5" lift, 35's "Sprout"
'95 Xj, 4" lift, 33's Sold to the Bagman
'10 JK unlimited

"Whether you think you can or think you can't...you're right."
-Henry Ford

I'm finally over the Jeep bike debacle..

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 05:36:05 AM »
One more reason to get a locking hood latch...some wang like that guy could easily put sand into your oil.
I had a buddy with a loud bike in Vancouver...one morning he went to start his bike and noticed the oil cap on the ground. He (wisely) didn't start it and had it towed to a shop. They partially dissasebled the engine and found rocks and dirt. I guess someone was sick of hearing that bike start up every morning.

The biggest rock I ever had thrown at me was off a dually truck, I think it was stuck between the tires, it was the size of a tennis ball. Huge windshield damage but didn't go through the glass.

A few years ago a guy was actually killed near Grande Prairie by a rock from a gravel truck that actually DID come through his windshield it was so large.
I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 06:39:43 AM »

as for parking .. there 50 spots at a petro  i dont think they have that kind of business to worry about parking there longer then a hour

thanks for the note

I wouldn't worry too much about parking there . I'm sure that sign is only meant for the 75-100 vehicles that park on that service road daily to go to work or skiing. It's not meant for you.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 02:26:58 PM »
its life .. 

and i see lots of people are up set about the no mudflaps and i can see some of there points .. but at the sametime you have graders and loaders ripping down the highway at 80 km's per hour and there running on 50 inch tires 16 inchs wide with no pertection at all

at least my tub covers 60% of my tire . mud flaps will be installed in the future when i am running large tires and more width as well
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer