Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: check engine light  (Read 740 times)

Offline weas

• Winch Wench
check engine light
« on: February 21, 2011, 04:01:02 PM »
just did an engine swap, and everything seems good,  BUT i am getting no check engine light.  I know it sounds like i have no problem, but i have not yet hooked up safty switches tranmision wiring or secondary o2 sensors ( and a few other things). I should be throwing a cel code somewhere.
Ecu wiring harness and engine is all from a 96 zj.  Due to the wiring harness the odbII conector did not survive, and i can't find a good wiring scematic to trace out the wires.  This year and ECU can output codes on the check engine light.

What i am hoping someone can tell me is what wire from the ECU connects to the check engine light. I just want to double check that i have it correct. Or if mabye someone has a link or FSM (wiring diagram) for a 96 zj???

I know this is a very specific request, but i figure it can't hurt to ask befor i drop money on a fsm that might or might not help

thx

Jon

Offline CatSplat

• Budget Lift
Re: check engine light
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 04:11:10 PM »
Jeeps Limited has the downloadable FSM for the ZJ, see if that gets you on the right track.
Jeep of Theseus

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 04:49:25 PM »
The CEL should flash on startup and then go out. Finish hooking up the rest of the stuff and see if it runs good.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »
May sound stupid but it might be worth checking the check engine light bulb too!