Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: So this is Calgary  (Read 6506 times)

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
So this is Calgary
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 11:18:52 AM »
yep lots of gas stations, just their prices can be hard to swallow.  10-20c higher than calgary.  but ontario is too i believe so you might not notice.

only prob i ever had was all the gas stations for about 100 miles were closed at 7 or 9pm and i didn't know this (dumb city kid).  i ran out on purpose to test my gas guage.  i only had a $5 gas can full in the middle of nowhere.

i was starting to panic after the 2nd town and all closed.  i made it on fumes because 100L tank, 54c a litre and cost me $54 to fill.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline LynchMob

• Baby Wheeler
Pet friendly hotels...
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 01:40:56 PM »
Our lab/border collie cross recommends the http://www.blackfootinn.com/

It's about average for price at $100 or so but clean, conviently located and has a Yuk Yuk's / restaurant as well.  You're also a stone's throw from http://www.modernmotors.com/ Calgary's orignal Willy's distributor.
99 XJ Classic 6" RE 33's, 4:56s D30/44 w Detroits, yadda yadda 2005 Chevy Tahoe LT, 350HP cold air intake, ss exhaust, tuned 2010 FunFinder 189FBS. Ex Jeeps: 90XJ 87 XJ; 95XJ; 97TJ; 89Y

HIWYH8R

So this is Calgary
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 09:14:49 PM »
Karen, that's cool looking graphics. How much does that cost to do up a Jeep in vinyl like yours?

Kel

Rubi Tuesday (Karen)

So this is Calgary
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 12:46:56 AM »
higher gas prices, that's all we need to hear.  Gas here varies from 85-98 a litre.  I try very hard not to think about thirsty my truck gets!

Sounds like some nice friendly pet places to say, Kingston will be happy.  Thanks again for all your help.  If I can just get my schedule confirmed I will be a happy camper.

The cost for the wrap, varies - depending on the extent of the graphics.  For the design work and install it will cost between $800 and $3,000.

The more complex the design the higher the cost.  I designed my own so it was cheaper plus the company that installed it is a client of mine so we "traded".

If you would like help with yours, just let me know, I'm more than happy to assist you - no charge of course.

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
So this is Calgary
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 05:26:08 PM »
Karen - Here's that B+B in Calgary.  Nice place close to everything in a beautiful character home with all the features.  Motel 6 rates for luxury comforts.  Pets STILL on the list at $8./day.  Surly if you're planning a longer stay or more than one extended visit, you could negotiate a better rate and pooch price.

http://www.westways.ab.ca/calgary.html
I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
So this is Calgary
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 06:29:27 PM »
If your flying here all the time then i would leave the jeep here.  Then everytime your here you can go if you want.  etc..
........___________
.......//.......""""......\\
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J
../""""/=(=)___....../""""/
./___/............==/""""/
....................../___

Rubi Tuesday (Karen)

So this is Calgary
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 04:31:07 AM »
The B&B sounds great, I'll look into it.  As far as leaving the truck in Calgary, hmmm you wouldn't be volunteering to babysit would you  :shock:

Can't see me leaving it there, then I'd never get out on the weekends and it would really turn into a "pavement princess"  :D

thanks again for all the info.  Still working on schedules - with about 10 other people

B-MAN

So this is Calgary
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 12:44:26 PM »
You may want to consider shipping your Jeep (Train) and flying out,...it's much cheaper than driving all that way and it'll give you more time to explore the trails...Just a thought.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
So this is Calgary
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 01:39:27 PM »
Quote from: "B-MAN"
You may want to consider shipping your Jeep (Train) and flying out,...it's much cheaper than driving all that way and it'll give you more time to explore the trails...Just a thought.

Try auto-rail-away 800-387-9000

www.autorail.com

cheers,