Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: bRIBEGuy's 2000 XJ  (Read 51536 times)

Offline Dagoose

• Budget Lift
Re: bRIBEGuy's 2000 XJ
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »
Or some TJ flares... they cost next to nothing and will open up the wheel wells for 33's.

Offline afb

• Budget Lift
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2012, 09:12:54 PM »
Hey Mark, since you spent all your trials bike money you can do this for flares :) I'm putting them on the YJ just so I can rip them off in the bush\

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f58/state-failed-us-no-flares-so-50571/
'93 yj 2.5 with all the engine mods done so I can beat a kid on a tricycle in a race.

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 05:44:34 AM »
Hey Mark, since you spent all your trials bike money you can do this for flares :) I'm putting them on the YJ just so I can rip them off in the bush\

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f58/state-failed-us-no-flares-so-50571/

LOL, so awesome!

I'm guessing by the limited numbers of Jeep-owning folks able to make trials references, that afb = Mr. Heidrick?  How goes it man?!

In all actuality, I'm sure I'll end up with Bushwackers, as I do quite like the way they look.  While the TJ flares and home brew flares are cool, creative, and get the job done, I'm horribly shallow and not a huge fan of the way they look.

Time to start dumping pennies back into the "Jeep Parts" jar...
'00 XJ Classic, 3" OME lift, 32's, custom stereo.

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2012, 05:01:56 PM »
Had the afternoon free, so I figured I'd get a few things done before the Off-Road 101 tomorrow.

1st up: JKS Disconnect mounts.  Drilled and set these up on the OEM front skid, and the looked and worked super slick.  Well, up until I tried turning that is, at which point I was horified to find out they rub my tires.  Bit of a surprise since I have 1.25" spacers.  Grrrrr................

2nd up: Kingone TDS 9.5C Winch Install.  Doesn't fit up to my ORFAB bumper.  Ends hit the bumper on both sides, and the feet of the winch don't sit flush on the mounting plate.

So much for being "prepared" for the 101...........lol.

FML.

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
Dont worry about the winch, if you want i can re-fab that or fab bumper to fit that winch...i will have a look tomorrow at the 101. Dont sweat the small stuff.
Getting grumpier every day.
99 XJ - It's got sum stuff ,Noel free stuff..
98 ZJ - It's just ugly, but bigger than your Rubi

Offline afb

• Budget Lift
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2012, 08:42:10 PM »
Haha that would be me! I put the 4" lift in the jeep (3 grinding wheels later :) ) and the transfer skid bolts are seized and 1 broke one off. I would trade you problems in a second as I have a box of grinding wheels now ;)
'93 yj 2.5 with all the engine mods done so I can beat a kid on a tricycle in a race.

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2012, 06:01:22 AM »
Haha that would be me! I put the 4" lift in the jeep (3 grinding wheels later :) ) and the transfer skid bolts are seized and 1 broke one off. I would trade you problems in a second as I have a box of grinding wheels now ;)

LOL....seems to be the "JEEP" way huh?

Offline OnyxGrizzly

• Budget Lift
  • Just another red XJ
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
That looks really good!
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
Minimal computer access for a while now, but I figured I'd update this thread a bit.

After going to 32" tires, the spare certainly wasn't fitting in the stock location anymore.  Laying it across the back SUCKED, and sadly a new rear bumper/sway-away wasn't in the budget since the wifey and I just pulled the trigger on building a new house.  In the end I turned to Mark at Detours USA for one of his knucklebone set-ups.

Started off by pulling the factory hitch:

And grinding down the rust:

The hitch and all the Knucklebone components got sprayed with primer, and then bedliner.

And the whole thing got assembled and mounted up.

The tire now rotates off to the side to make way for the lift gate.

Mounted:

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2012, 08:16:43 PM »
I wasn't thrilled with how far out the tire was, so I got Mark to make me up a custom angled mount.  Looks WAY better, IMO, and sucks the tire in a little closer.

Best of all, I can still get three bikes on the back rack.   ;)

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2012, 10:43:27 AM »
Decided that the XJ needed some company, so I built this up for fun.

;)

More infor here if anyone cares: http://www.calgaryrc.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=14418

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »

That RC-XJ is fugging sweet!
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline anjoxj98

• Winch Wench
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2012, 12:07:21 AM »
hi dude how are you ? where did you get the tire mount ? i am needing  one of those for my xj

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 07:23:53 AM »
where did you get the tire mount ? i am needing  one of those for my xj

The tire mount this is based on is available from a company called "DetoursUSA".

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2012, 09:15:27 PM »
Tire mount has been working well, but sadly the 32" spare pretty much covers the license plate.  After tempting my fate with the cops for a few weeks, I finally decided to break out the tape & drill, and remount the plate.

A new license plate lamp was added for legalities as well, but in this picture it's still not hooked up.

With the Jeep parked for the past week I've had a chance to start tacking a few other items on the "To Do" list as well.  First up was cutting some sizable chunks out of my OrFab bumper so my Kingone 9.5 winch would fit in.  Steel was removed from both sides, and a small bit of metal was ground off the winch feet as well.

Once everything was fitted, I used a flapper disc to clean off all the CRAP stock powdercoating, primed it, and then sprayed it with bedliner (to match the tire carrier).

Since the OrFab winch mount is a little odd, the winch is mounted 180 degrees from normal, with the winch line feeding over from the top.  Solenoid box doesn't fit in the stock location, so I'm going to see about relocating that to under the hood someplace.