Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Something weird on the hi-way today  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Alltornup

• Budget Lift
Something weird on the hi-way today
« on: April 22, 2011, 08:36:18 PM »
So headed out by Sibald Flats today to take the puppy out in the bush for the first time and everything was fine till the way home.  Just out of the blue the Jeep jumps half a lane on the #1.  Not sure if the wind took the Jeep for a ride or not.

Anybody ever have this happen to them.  Didn't scare me but kept me on the wheel.  Was going about 110 to 117km/h, my speedo is off.  TJ on 33 12.5

YoungFluff03TJ

Re: Something weird on the hi-way today
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »
Could have been a rut in the road? 1250s will follow the road pretty good, mine do and theyre only 1050. I notice it alot when I come to an old light where alot of braking has occured, always drifts to the side...

thats my guess anyways. either that or something is seriously wrong.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 08:59:13 AM »
So headed out by Sibald Flats today to take the puppy out in the bush for the first time and everything was fine till the way home.  Just out of the blue the Jeep jumps half a lane on the #1.  Not sure if the wind took the Jeep for a ride or not.

Anybody ever have this happen to them.  Didn't scare me but kept me on the wheel.  Was going about 110 to 117km/h, my speedo is off.  TJ on 33 12.5

Do you have a Detroit Locker as a rear differential? They would so that on a short wheel base vehicle.

Offline Alltornup

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 01:22:10 PM »
Front trackbar ended up being loose again.   Can't seem to get it tight enough.  Maybe time to look for a new one cause this Rubicon Express one is a piece of junk as far as im concerned